Who May Apply for Admission?
- Anyone who is a high school graduate or at least 18 years of age who may profit from instruction.
- College Bridge- High school students in their junior or senior year with appropriate criteria and approvals.
- Enrolled Minors- Students enrolled in below the tenth grade with appropriate criteria and approvals. International Students with F-1 visas
How to Apply for Admission
- First time or returning students (after an absence of one or more semesters) must complete an application prior to the start of registration. Proof of residence may be required. (Proof of residence may be required).
- Active, continuing students from the previous session will receive registration material by mail. Online registration is strongly recommended.
- Registration for off-campus classes is the same as for other classes. Students may also enroll during the first class meeting at their satellite locations.
Resident Requirements for Admission
A California resident, for the purpose of admission to Cerritos College, is a student who has lived in the state of California for at least one year and one day prior to the start of the semester.
What type of student are you?
You are a first time college student if this is your first time attending any college.
(formerly Concurrent Enrollment)
Dual enrollment is for students who wish to attend Cerritos College while being in grades K-10 or 11-12.
You are a transfer student if you have attended another college, but have never attended Cerritos College.
You are a re-entry student if you are 25 years of age or older or may have a 3-5 year gap in your education.
You are an international student if you are from a foreign country and carry a student F-1 visa.
If you attended Cerritos College but did not attend the previous semester, you are required to reapply in order to reactivate your academic record.