Applying Outside the U.S. (Degree or Certificate)
Student (Outside the U.S.): A prospective student currently residing outside the United States AND wishes to enter the United States as an international student on an F-1 visa.
Admission application dates
|SEMESTER||EARLY ENROLLMENT DEADLINES||SEMESTER BEGINS||SEMESTER ENDS|
|Fall||March 1- June 1||Mid-August||Mid-December|
|Spring||August 1 - October 1||Early-January||Mid-May|
|Summer||January 1 - March 1||Mid-May||Mid-August|
F-1 Admission Requirements for International Students Outside the United States
Admission Package (Must contain ALL of the following)
For the quickest response about your application, all documents must be submitted as a completed admissions package and received by the stated deadline above.
Please allow up to 2 weeks for processing. Admissions notification will be mailed and emailed. Inquires about status of an application will only be released to the applicant and/or the authorized third party.
Note: We encourage you to apply early for best available enrollment date and course selection as classes fill up quickly.
Important: Please be aware that all documents submitted become property of Cerritos College, and will not be returned.
1. Completed International Student Admission Application
*If student is under the age of 18, they must submit additional documents:
- Authorization for Cerritos College Student Health Services to consent to treatment of minor capacity to consent.
- Copy of the parent's or guardian's California driver's license.
Note: Parent or guardian must remain with international student in the United States until the age of 18.
2. $50.00 US dollars (non-refundable) Application fee can be paid by credit card or cash.
3. Statement of Financial Support: The statement must be completed by the applicant's financial sponsor. The financial sponsor can be the applicant (self-sponsorship), family member or government agency who is financially responsible for the applicant's college expenses including but not limited to tuition, books, housing, health insurance, and other associated fees. Please include an additional $3,000.00 per dependent (If applicable). You can complete the Statement of Financial Support OR Form I-134 Affidavit of Support if the sponsor is a U.S. Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen.
4. Bank Certification (The bank certification must meet the following criteria):
- Must be on bank letterhead OR completed on Bank Certification Form with original signatures.
- Clearly show account holder's name, type of account, bank name, branch, and account balance in US dollars AND be translated in English.
- Be current within the last 3 months (at the time of application submission)
- Account holder's name must be the financial sponsor on the Statement of Financial Support.
- Financial guaranty in an official bank statement, or letter from bank written on bank stationary.
5. Tuberculosis (TB) results (skin test) must be within the last 2 years and completed by a health clinic, doctor's office or the Cerritos College Student Health Services (walk-ins welcome).
6. Proof of Secondary/High School completion: All applicants must show proof of secondary/high school completion by submitting an official diploma and transcripts. Proof must meet the following criteria:
- An official certified English translation must be submitted together with the official transcript(s) and diploma(s) if language is other than English. For a list of approved foreign credentials evaluation services, please visit naces.org.
- Submit all current and previous college(s) attended.
7. Official TOEFL, IELTS, iTEP, STEP-Eiken, or Cambridge Assessment English scores: Applicants must meet the minimum acceptable score to benefit from the programs offered at Cerritos College.
- TOEFL 450 written/paper based or 45 internet based (IBT). For test sites and schedules, visit ets.org/toefl. Cerritos College Institution Code: 4083.
- IELTS overall band score of 4.5 to 5.0. For test sites and schedules, visit ielts.org.
- iTEP of 3.0. For test sites and schedules, visit itepexam.com.
- STEP-Eiken Test score of 2A or higher. For more information, visit stepeiken.org.
- Cambridge Assessment English C1 Advanced exam with score of 180-199. For more information, visit cambridgeenglish.org.
Please Note: For applicants who do not meet the minimum scores, the Intensive English Program (IEP) is available. Please follow admissions requirements for IEP.
8. Clear copy of the identity page of a valid passport
Once you have be accepted to Cerritos College, you will receive an email from the Office of International Student Services confirming your acceptance.
You have two options on how to receive your I-20 and acceptance package:
- Authorize for a friend or relative to pick up the documents from the Office of International Student Services on your behalf. You must email email@example.com with the full legal name of your friend or relative so they can be authorized to pick up the documents and they will be responsible for mailing out the documents to you. They must bring their photo identification card to pick up you documents.
- The Office of International Student Services uses an express mail service that will allow you to receive your documents in 3-5 days. Requesting your documents through express mail is at your expense and your credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover cards only) will be charged upon requesting the service. To request express mailing service of your I-20 and acceptance package, please visit study.eshipglobal.com.
- Register for an eShipGlobal account
- Login to eShipGlobal to create and submit your shipment request
- The Office of International Student Services will send you the requested documents using the shipping label that you create.
- Do not go directly through FedEx, DHL, or UPS websites
- For your College ID number place "0", complete the mailing address, email address, phone number and credit card information.
- Your credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover cards only) will be charged by eShipGlobal, Inc.
Need help registering for an eShipGlobal account? Contact eShipGlobal for assistance:
- Email support@eShipGlobal.com
- Call (800) 816-1615 (Within the U.S.) or 001-952-518-1775 (International callers) (8:00am - 5:00pm Central Standard Time)
We look forward to having you join our close-knit community and being part of our falcon family. GO FALCONS!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of International Student Services by phone, email, or in person. The contact information for our office is conveniently located on the left side menu.