Dual Enrollment Program
Title2, Chapter 5, Article 1, Section 48800 of the California Education Code provides the following guidelines for enrichment students:
The governing board of any school district may determine which students would benefit from advanced scholastic or vocational work. The intent of this section is to provide educational enrichment opportunities for a limited number of eligible pupils, rather than to reduce current course requirements for elementary and secondary schools.
This program was designed for K-12 students in search of advanced scholastic courses. Which are considered 100 and above level courses. Example: English 100 or Math 140 etc.
Students may not enroll in pre-collegiate courses (1-99) or Physical education courses.
Example: English 20 or Math 20 etc.
- Must have a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.0
- Consent from High School official.
- Must complete the appropriate College assessment process and meet the stated prerequisite and/or co-requisite for the desired course.
- A high school junior or senior student may be permitted to enroll in up to 8.0 units.
- College Bridge students will not receive priority enrollment status.
- The student shall receive college credit for the community college courses that the student successfully completes.
- Arrangements for receiving high school credit for course work completed at the Cerritos College must be made solely at the discretion of the students High school.
- Cerritos College has determined that non-transferable and physical education courses are the types of courses that would not be considered Advanced Scholastic in nature.
Cerritos College definition of Advanced Scholastic is:
- Courses meeting Cerritos requirements for an Associates Arts Degree. (excluding preparatory English and Math courses.)
- Courses that are transferable to a four-year institution.
- Courses that are not available to the student within their school district.
Alternate option for Physical Education Courses only:
Auditing a course is the only option for a student to take a physical education course. Auditing allows the student to participate, but they will not receive college credit. Auditing fees are not covered by College Bridge Program.
- Attain High School Principal's or Authorized personnel's signature
- Parents Signature and Student's signature.
- Submit Cerritos application in person or online.
- Submit College Bridge form in person to Admissions Office.
- Student is required to take the placement test at the request of the Dean and Admissions, Records and Services.
- Meet pre-requisites - Please bring unofficial transcripts from school and see a Cerritos College counselor.
- Register for courses online by logging onto your MyCerritos portal.
Pertinent Information for Graduating Seniors
High school seniors that are graduating at the end of the Spring Term will be considered high school graduates and will be accepted as incoming College Freshman for the Summer term. College Bridge students are given a low enrollment priority. Continuing students that will be incoming College Freshmen are strongly encouraged to resubmit a new application stating their change of status as a high school graduate. This will allow the students to receive a higher priority and help to ensure that they will be able to enroll in the classes of their choice.
Additional Parental & Student Information
Cerritos College district assumes no responsibility for the supervision of minor students outside of the classroom setting. Parents are responsible for ensuring that their children are appropriately supervised before class, after class, and if or when a class is cancelled or dismissed at an early time. Attendance is required, but not monitored as it is in secondary school systems. Cerritos will not call parent or guardian if a student is absent, nor will we verify attendance. Students are expected to meet all deadlines, classes must be dropped within the deadlines, grade options etc. It is the student's responsibility to know these deadlines. Deadlines are indicated in the class schedule.