WELCOME to Cerritos College CalWORKs Program!
My name is Norma C. Rodriguez, and I am the Director of CalWORKs Student Services.
I am delighted to tell you a little about our program. The Cerritos College CalWORKs program offers services and resources to assist you during your educational journey. We pride ourselves in helping our students develop the skills, attitudes, and beliefs necessary to foster understanding of the process of learning. We do so in a number of ways:
- Priority Registration for eligible CalWORKs students
- Provide trained staff who understand the rules and regulations of the county CalWORKs and GAIN programs.
- Provide one-on-one orientation to get you started.
- CalWORKs Academic Counselors that will meet with you regularly to develop your student educational plan in line with your welfare-to-work plan, assist you with selecting your courses and supporting you with any academic difficulties.
- Provide a computer lab with a printer and study areas.
- Provide workshops and events to compliment your educational experience.
Education and training is still one of the best ways to get you closer to reaching your goals. That is why it is very important for you to remain focused on your education and continue taking your courses. We are here to help you achieve your academic, career, and life goals. So remember, to see a CalWORKs counselor every semester and be sure to talk to your counselor before dropping classes or changing your schedule.
I am proud to say that we have a dedicated and committed team, who are here to provide you with an array of services to complement and enhance your educational experience.
I always look forward to meeting with our students, new and continuing. I invite you to stop by to say hello, and if you wish to meet with me, please call 562-860-2451 ext. 2358 to schedule an appointment.
The CalWORKs staff and I hope that each semester brings you closer to your desired educational goals.