ON CAMPUS EMPLOYERS
The Cerritos College CalWORKs Work-Study (CWS) Program provides CalWORKs students with work opportunities in order to develop and/or strengthen workplace skills while completing their educational goals. With the help of our dedicated on-campus employers, students learn how to enter and re-enter the workforce with the confidence that is needed to achieve career satisfaction and economic self-sufficiency. The CWS Program is a time-limited program and all students hired are considered short-term (temporary) hourly employees.
- Subsidized employment-CalWORKs pays 75% of salary and wages
- Student can work up to 20 hours per week
- CalWORKs Program conducts hiring process
- Students attend monthly Pre-Employment Preparation (PEP) Workshops
- Opportunity to make a difference in a student life by providing training and mentoring
If your department would like to hire CalWORKs Work-Study (CWS) Program students, please complete the Employee Request Form. Please also indicate the number of positions your department is looking to fill.
Once your request is reviewed, the CalWORKs Job Placement Coordinator will contact you.
For request update, please contact the CalWORKs Job Placement Coordinator at (562) 860-2451 Ext. 2368 or via email at email@example.com