Student Safety Protocols
Student Safety Protocols
Safe Together. Stay Together.
Increased classes, labs, and services are now available on campus. This notice will provide important information related to health and safety measures being taken, and your responsibility as a student to maintain them, in the best interest of our Falcon community.
HEALTH & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS
- All students are required to comply with BP & AP 2905 SARS COV-2 (COVID-19) Proof of Vaccination and Testing
Requirement. All students must submit proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have been granted a medical
or religious exemption by the District.
- As of May 23, 2022, students are not required to wear face coverings or masks while
on campus owned or operated facilities, and/or at any
time while participating in District activities. Face masks are strongly recommended.
- Entry to campus requires:
- Mandatory completion of the COVID-19 Pre-Screen Survey from OptimumHQ within 4 hours
before coming to
campus each day. This must be completed for each day you are on campus.
- A guide on how to create an OptimumHQ account, and how to upload vaccine cards and/or
test results, can be
- A guide on how to create an OptimumHQ account, and how to upload vaccine cards and/or test results, can be
- Proceed to a health screening kiosk to show your COVID-19 Pre-Screen Survey approval
and be issued a
daily access wristband, a map of stations can be found online. Upon arrival to the station, please line up
using social distancing.
- You must wear the daily access wristband provided to you at the screening station
while on campus and
not remove until you leave campus. You must display this wristband to campus employees upon request. A
new wristband will be provided each day that you are approved to enter campus.
- Mandatory completion of the COVID-19 Pre-Screen Survey from OptimumHQ within 4 hours before coming to
All students are required to follow our Standards of Student Conduct (Board Policy 5500), which include following the guidelines listed above. Maintaining health and safety requirements is an important responsibility of all members of the campus community, and failure to adhere to these requirements may result in instructor removal from class and/or possible formal disciplinary actions.
Specific Standards of Student Conduct that apply to this notice include:
- Standard 15. Disruptive behavior, with or without intent, that includes but is not
limited to: verbal or physical obstruction,
continual or willful disobedience, persistent defiance of the authority, habitual profanity or vulgarity, abuse of District
personnel, interference of District instruction, activities, services, operations and/or interferes with student’s academic
performance, or District employee’s work performance.
- Standard 17. Failure to comply with the reasonable request of a District employee
acting in the performance of their duties
including but not limited to obstruction of a District employee in performance of their duties, and failure to identify oneself
when requested to do so by District officials.
- Standard 18. Endangering, contributing to or causing harm to the health, safety, and/or
well-being of a student (including
oneself), client, patient, visitor or guest, or District employee, whether or not there was intent to endanger or harm.
- Standard 19. Failure to comply with District and/or department regulations determined
necessary to meet health and
safety guidelines in specialized instructional areas and/or fields, including but not limited to use of equipment and/or
clothing, practices and procedures, and instruction by District personnel.
If you have a concern that the health and safety guidelines are not being followed
in the classroom, please speak with
your faculty member. If the issue persists, please contact the Dean of Student Services, Dr. Elizabeth Miller, at
Full information and updates on COVID Protocol can be found online at https://www.cerritos.edu/covid-19/