The Office of International Student Services (OISS) fosters the education and development of International Students with an F-1 status to achieve their academic goals, by providing assistance with admission, academic counseling, advising and advocacy regarding immigration, cross-cultural, and personal matters. The OISS program supports an environment conducive to international education through intercultural awareness, social and cross-cultural adjustment while ensuring legal compliance.
The Office of International Student Services is committed to the well-being, safety and academic success of our international students, in alignment with NAFSA’s and CAS standards. We strive to help our students call Cerritos College their home away from home by providing a nurturing environment, where students feel welcomed, respected and celebrated, as they achieve their academic and personal goals.
We have strong core values:
- Support and promote student success
- Celebrate diversity in people, philosophies, cultures, beliefs, programs and learning
- Promote respect and trust in all people regardless of background, including students, community members and employees
- Foster integrity
- Promote excellence in teaching, learning, and service
- Develop nurturing and supportive partnerships with our educational, business and industry communities
- Support comprehensive curricular offerings
- Promote inclusiveness in a collaborative decision-making process