About Us

The Office of International Student Services is your one stop shop for all things international. The mission of the Office of International Student Services is to foster the education and develop international students with F-1 status, to empower them to achieve their academic and professional goals. The Office of International Student Services provides assistance with admission, academic counseling, advising, cross-cultural adjustment, and compliance requirements. Visit the Office of International Student Services, located in the Santa Barbara Building, for the following services:

International AdmissionWe offer International Students a One-Stop operation, meaning we assist F-1 international students with the administration process, orientation, early enrollment and registration.

Associate of Arts Degree/Transfer options: 

Associate of Arts/Science Degree (AA/AS Only): An AA or AS degree is an undergraduate academic degree awarded upon completion of 60 degree applicable units with an overall grade point average of 2.0 or better in all course work. Please review the different programs of study offered at Cerritos College, and meet with an International Academic Counselor to create an educational plan that best fits your academic goal. 

Associate Degree for Transfer (AA-T/AS-T): An Associate in Arts or Science degree for transfer are designed for students seeking to earn an AA/AS degree and transfer to the California State University System. These degrees can be completed in 60 transferable semester units and include coursework in general education, major preparation, and electives. Completing this degree comes with a number of great benefits, please review the AA-T/AS-T programs offered at Cerritos College and meet with an International Academic Counselor to learn more about how to obtain an AA-T/AS-T degree. 

Certificate of Achievements: Our certificates of achievement give you the knowledge and training you need to enter a specialized career or enhance your skills. Coursework completed while earning a Certificate may also be applied toward an Associates degree to further your education. The number of units needed to complete a certificate of achievement vary depending on your program of study. 

Intensive English Program (IEP): A comprehensive language program that provides international students to develop English skills while introducing them to the American experience and to the diverse cultures of Southern California. Students completing Cerritos College Intensive English Program (IEP) will have the opportunity to continue their education by transferring into the academic program for completion of an Associates of Arts degree and/or to transfer to a university. 

International Academic Counseling: The Office of International Student Services offers admitted students with academic and personal counseling to assist them in achieving their academic goals. International Academic Counselors will advise you with selecting courses, help you understand the Certificate of Achievement requirements, Associate of Arts Degree and/or transferring to the university. Counselors will also assist you with scholarship information and social events throughout the academic year. 

International Student AdvisementWe have Designated School Officials (DSOs) to assist F-1 international students to stay in compliance with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and other U.S. and foreign government agencies while enrolled in full-time status at Cerritos College. 

Workshops and ProgramsWe provide academic and immigration workshops as well as cultural programs and social and academic focused activities to enhance student academic, personal, and cultural experiences. 

Student Clubs & Organizations: The Office of International Student Services welcomes international students to join one of our many clubs and organizations in campus for development of social and cultural skills, educational and professional experiences, and most importantly: to make friends from all around the world! 

Questions may be directed to the Office of International Student Services by phone, email, or in person.

Stay Connected

Site Map | Accreditation | Disclaimer | Document Readers | Report a Website/Accessibility Issue | Safety Reporting | Consumer Information Last Update: 10/10/2022