On-Campus Resources for Foster Youth
STUDENT WELLNESS RESOURCES
- Cerritos CARES provides access to emergency grant applications, Student Online Services, and Covid 19 updates!
- Cerritos College Basic Needs seeks to improve student’s ability to access food and housing resources. This site provides links to CalFresh applications, local food pantry information, housing resources, and more.
- Emergency Aid Requests are available to current Cerritos College students who meet the minimum eligibility criteria. More information is available on the Basic Needs Emergency Request website.
- Provides centralized location to access a number of services including Student Health Services, Admissions, Counseling, Tutoring, Financial Aid, among others.
- Provides access to online tutoring resources across various academic departments as well as skills based workshops to enhance students abilities in areas of writing, time management, organization, test tasking and more.
iFalcon 3.0 Overview- https://youtu.be/CA7BfrUEqMg
iFalcon aims to expose first-year and returning students to the cultural codes, habits of mind, and core values of college. While highlighting a wide range of academic cultural habits from time management, to note- taking, to educational planning, iFalcon is a strategy of “transfer” that bridges personal experience with academic “habits of mind”.
The online workshops below each target one area:
- FOCUS- https://youtu.be/thOecbq0Fms: The ability to self-manage and prioritize one’s tasks. Divide and conquer the tasks. Break down larger projects and study times into easily manageable chunks or stages of time. Avoid procrastination by spreading the stages over a reasonable number of days/weeks/months.
- ORGANIZE- https://youtu.be/bLYoz7ivaWY. A systematic step-by-step approach to self-management and academic success
iFALCON Resources & Website:
Online HOM Modules (create an account for FREE!!!!). The Online Habits of Mind (HOM) workshop series offer a new approach for students to develop college and career readiness. Topics include educational goal setting, note taking, strategic reading, Top 10 Habits of Mind, mastering the job interview, overcoming procrastination, time management, and more.
iFalcon Home Page (Check out our “For Students” tab for the iFalcon Power Apps)