Thank you for your interest in joining the LINC program. Below is information regarding the program requirements for LINC.
While there is no application to enter the LINC program, students must complete a contract each semester. The contract appointment lasts approximately one hour and consists of an intake conversation, a wellness assessment, and goal setting. Students can contact (562) 860-2451 ext 2371 to schedule an appointment. A current contract must be on file for students to access services each semester.
Upon completing the LINC contract each semester, students are asked to complete the following requirements:
NOTE: Pathway A student meet for 60 minutes for all three appointments. Pathway B and C students meet according to the schedule below.
- 1st Appointment: Create/Revise Ed Plan (60 min for first time students, 30 min for returning students)
- 2nd Appointment: Submit Work In Progress and Success Plan
- 3rd Appointment: Check in and adjust Ed Plan
All academic counseling appointments must be completed with the LINC Academic Counselor, Marisol Aguilar.
In addition to completing the academic counseling appointments, students are asked to complete the following:
- Orientation is required for any student entering in the fall term. Orientation provides new and returning students an opportunity to meet one another and learn about updates and changes to program policies and services. Orientations are schedule two weeks prior to the start of the fall term. Make-up orientations are scheduled in the first month of the semester.
- One workshop per semester. Workshops are provided throughout the semester across campus. Students can attend any workshop of their choosing (e.g. LINC, Student Success Center, Transfer Center, Career Center, Student Health Center, or special event). Students must complete an On Campus Workshop form and submit it to the LINC office before the end of each semester.
- Students in Pathway A or B are also required to complete 18 hours of tutoring with the Student Success Center or EOPS/CARE/LINC Tutoring Center. Students may also complete tutoring hours through department specific tutoring services provided. Tutoring log sheets are available in the LINC office.
Continuing LINC students should complete a contract each semester to remain in the program. Students can contact (562) 860-2451 ext. 2371 to schedule an appointment.