How to Use Open Educational Resources, Module 1
Module 1: Introduction
Welcome to How to use Open Educational Resources, a self-paced workshop.
So, what is this course all about?
This course walks you through techniques to incorporate Open Educational Resources (OER) into your teaching practice. The course will cover the fundamental aspects of OER including open licensing and public domain. It focuses on providing practical guidance in locating and applying openly available resources. It is expected that upon completion of this course participants will be able to
- Describe the meaning of open educational resources.
- Differentiate the concepts of open licensing, public domain, and all rights reserved copyrights.
- Identify resources that are openly licensed or in the public domain.
- Distinguish the different types of Creative Commons licenses.
- License works using a Creative Commons license. Find open educational resources and properly attribute a work offered under a Creative Commons license.
This training is not facilitated. It is designed to to be a self-paced course.
Good luck, have fun, and keep pushing yourselves!
The training content is originally developed by Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges. CC BY.