Parking Citation Payment Plan
Cerritos College Community College District
Parking Citation Payment Plan
Reference: California Assembly Bill No. 503 (Chapter 741)
A registered owner (CVC 460, 505) or person responsible for vehicle citations received on Cerritos Community College District property shall be eligible to enroll in a payment plan when they have two or more unpaid parking citations or a single citation of at least $250. Citations from another agency cannot be combined for a payment plan.
- Once this threshold is met, any citations associated with this vehicle, registered owner, or person responsible may be added to the payment plan, at the time of enrollment. (Citations in a payment plan must all be issued by the same agency)
- If additional citations are accrued during the payment plan period, the plan may not be modified to include these citations, nor will a concurrent payment plan be offered.
- Citations in a payment plan will not count towards immobilization/tow/impound eligibility pursuant to CVC 22651(i)(l).
- Once a vehicle is immobilized/towed/impounded due to other violations, all citations, including those on a payment plan, are immediately due pursuant to CVC 22651(i)(l)(C).
- If an individual requires continued access to parking on campus, the purchase of a parking permit will be required.
The fee to enroll in a payment plan is $25
Applied late fees, as well as any late fees not yet applied, will be placed in abeyance while the payment plan is in place. If the individual adheres to the plan terms, these late fees will be waived once the payment plan is complete.
- If an individual defaults on the payment plan, a subsequent payment plan will not
be offered for those citations and any late fees placed in abeyance will be immediately
reinstated. The total amount due, including all late fees, will be submitted to the
appropriate Department of Motor Vehicles for a Registration hold on the vehicle.
Once the payment plan is in place and the individual is adhering to its terms, an itemization of unpaid parking penalties and service fees will not be filed with the DMV (also known as a "DMV Registration Hold") and any DMV Registration Hold in place will be temporarily removed pending satisfactorily completing the payment plan.
At plan enrollment, an initial payment of 10% of the amount owed (This 10% goes toward the total amount due), plus the $25 enrollment fee (This fee does not go toward the amount due), is required. There is no penalty for prepayment.
Payments must be made each calendar month.
- There is no grace period for late payments.
- For mailed payments, a postmark is acceptable to meet this requirement.
Payment plan duration
- For balances under $200, payment plans may not exceed four months.
- For balances between $200 and $400, payment plans may not exceed six months.
- For balances over $400, payment plans may not exceed nine months.
How do I enroll in a payment plan?
- The enrollment procedure can be found on line at https://www.paymycite.com/cerritoscollege or by calling (888) 242-3386