COVID-19 Updates

Steps to Getting Started

  1. Apply for Admission to the College Online

    • New & Returning Students apply at
    • Click on Future Students to select either First-Time College student or Returning student.
    • New Students click on Applying Online to create an account for CCCapply to be able to submit your application online

  2. Priority Registration for Veterans

    • Bring in DD-214, N.O.B.E., or Military Active Duty ID Card to be eligible for priority registration to the VRC.

  3. Self-Report Tool for New Students (Assessment)

    • The Self-Report Tool (SRT) provides student the opportunity to place into English, Reading, Math or ESL ( English as a Second Language) courses based on their United States high school records.

  4. New Student Orientation Required

    • Two ways to complete the orientation Online (MyCerritos) or an in-person Workshop by calling the Counseling Office at (562)467-5231. 

  5. Using GI Bill Benefits

  6. Apply online for Financial Aid (FAFSA Application)

  7. Schedule a Counseling Appointment with Veterans Counselor in VRC

    • Schedule an appointment for an Educational Plan (Ed-Plan).
    • New students need to bring official or unofficial high school transcripts or test score reports ( such as AP, IB, or CAASPP) can be used to identify appropriate courses for placement.
    • Transfer Student must bring Official or unofficial transcripts from all previously attended colleges.
    • To schedule an appointment with your counselor, please call the VRC front desk. (562)860-2451 X 3716.
  8. Register for Class Online on Appointment Date (Mycerritos)

    • New students  & Transfer students submit new student packet to begin using benefits at the VRC.
    • Continuing Students need to submit Request for Certification  every semester.


Stay Connected

Site Map | Accreditation | Disclaimer | Report a Website/Accessibility Issue | Document Readers | Safety Reporting | Consumer Information
Last Update: 10/24/2019