Financial Aid Application Process

Apply for FAFSA


Apply for fafsa

24/25 Financial Aid To-Do List Form

Note: Remember to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer your tax information onto your FAFSA.


Apply for California Dream Act

24/25 Financial Aid To-Do List Form

For more information visit

Get hands-on assistance completing your FAFSA or Dream Act application!
Join our Zoom Sessions

Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 8 - 4:30 pm
Wednesday 8 - 6 pm
Friday Closed

Follow up and Check your To Do List on MyCerritos or read missing information letter.
  • Follow the link on your To Do List and complete all required Outstanding Financial Aid Tasks.

We've put YOU in charge of your #FinancialAid.

Note: It is important to submit these required tasks in a timely manner to avoid any delays in your financial aid file. Once the Financial Aid Office reviews all required documentation and completes the verification process if required, the file will be completed.

You will be sent an award notification on your MyCerritos message center. You may view your awards on MyCerritos. Disbursement of awards are based on you meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards.

Once you receive your award notification, you can apply for a Federal Direct Stafford Loan if you are interested. (See Loans for requirements and application process)

How to view your financial aid award

Once awarded financial aid, you will be sent a refund selection kit in a green envelope*. Next, you will go to to use the personal access code provided and select how you would like to receive your refund.

You have choices!

  • Electronic Deposit to Another Account
  • Electronic Deposit to Cerritos Falcon Card

A disbursement will be processed for eligible students according to the disbursement schedule. You can check the status of your disbursements online at MyCerritos.

*CA Dream Act applicants will receive financial aid refunds via paper checks.

How to check for your disbursement

*This entire process can take a few weeks or a few months depending on the required documentation needed to complete and how quickly you turn in the required documentation.

**Please note if you need your fees waived, you can print out the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the website and submit it to the Financial Aid Office during office hours. The other option is to submit a California College Promise Grant application to the Financial Aid Office.

Steps on how to apply to cerritos College

To contact the Financial Aid Office, call  (562) 860-2451 ext. 2397 or e-mail us at