Welcome to the Veterans Resource Center
In an effort to respond to the rapidly evolving situation regarding the COVID-19 crisis, our offices will be closed to the public beginning Monday, March 16 to reduce the potential for community transmission rates of the virus.
During this temporary closure, VRC services will continue to be offered online. For general questions, please contact us via email at Ttorres@cerritos.edu. For counseling-related concerns, please email email@example.com .
Your health and the well-being of the campus community is our top priority. We want to assure you that we are here to support you. Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
The Veterans Resource Center is an initiative to nurture a welcoming campus culture for veteran students. It is founded on the premise that the challenges faced by veterans may be addressed through a combination of services stressing academics, camaraderie, and wellness. Veterans currently have the opportunity to experience these essentials in a one-stop site staffed by specialized staff who empathized with the issues with which they struggle, and which they must address to help themselves strive.
- Cerritos College Application Assistance
- VA Educational Benefit Assistance
- MyCerritos Portal Navigation Assistance
- Educational/Career Counseling (SEP Assistance)
- Financial Aid General Assistance
- Scholarship Research/Essay Assistance
- Transfer Application Workshops
- Computer Lab & Work Stations
- Book Loan/Calculator Reserve Program
- Food Assistance/VASH Voucher Assistance
- Student Veterans Club
- Mental Health Counseling
- Veteran Services Officer
- VA Claims for Service Connection & Compensation
- Non-Service Connected Pension Claims
- Service Connected Increases
- Advice on Previously Denied Claims
- CalVet Driver’s License Verification (Requires DD214 or VA ID card)
- CalVet Tuition Fee Waiver
- VA Healthcare Enrollment, Caregiver Program, Mental Health Referrals, etc.
Call to schedule an appointment or to inquire about any of these services
Direct Dial: 562-467-5016
562-860-2451 ext. 3716