Mission, Vision and Values
Cerritos College provides its diverse student population with high-quality, comprehensive instructional programs and support services through clear, equity-minded pathways to their educational goals. In doing so, the college develops culturally competent students with the knowledge, skills, and values that prepare them to be productive members of their local and global communities.
Cerritos College will provide innovative learning opportunities and support services that will close persistent educational achievement gaps.
We have strong core values:
- Support and promote student success
- Promote excellence in teaching, learning, and service
- Support innovation and creativity to enhance and enrich learning
- Celebrate diversity in people, philosophies, cultures, beliefs, programs and learning
- Promote respect and trust in all people regardless of background, including students, community members and employees
- Foster integrity
- Develop nurturing and supportive partnerships with our educational, business and industry communities
- Support comprehensive curricular offerings
- Promote inclusiveness in a collaborative decision-making process
Cerritos College embraces community, diversity, innovation, and active learning. We strive for high academic and ethical standards, and academic freedom. We believe in the worth and dignity of all of our learners. Read our full statement