What's new?: Announcements, Activities, and Events
Academic Success & Leadership Program - Project HOPE is sponsoring a series of empowerment, growth, and success workshops for all currently enrolled Cerritos College pre-health and STEM majors! All students who complete the entire five-part workshop series will receive a certificate that can be listed on their resumes, under professional development/leadership training. To sign up for the workshop series, or for a specific workshop topic, please email Danylle Williams-Manser at email@example.com, no later than Monday, September 30, 2019.
The five-part workshop series includes the following topics:
- Empower yourself! - Friday, October 4, 2019, 10 am - 12 pm, room MCIS 108
- Organize yourself! - Friday, October 18, 2019, 10 am - 12 pm, room MCIS 106
- Educate yourself!- Friday, October 25, 2019, 10 am - 12 pm, room MCIS 106
- Grow yourself! - Friday, November 1, 2019, 10 am - 12 pm, location to be determined
- Assess yourself! - Friday, November 8, 2019, 10 am - 12 pm, location to be determined
"How to get great recommendation letters!" Workshop - Thursday, October 24 ,2019, 11 am - 12:30 pm, room S 103. Would you like to learn how to get great recommendation letters for your professors? If so, then you should attend this workshop!
MEDPEP's 9th Annual Pre-health Conference & Resource Fair - Admission to the conference is free!!! Saturday, November 23, 2019, 9 am - 4:30 pm. The conference will be held at UCLA in the Broad Art Center/Coral Tree Walk. Please click on the following link to find out more information about the conference, or to register for the conference; tinyurl.com/2019PHCMEDPEP.
Examples of conference workshop topics and activities:
- Speaker panels that include, health professionals and students currently in health professional programs
- Admissions information for four-year colleges/universities, graduate programs, and health professional programs/schools
- Information on financial aid resources
- Networking opportunities, and much more!