ASCC Student Government
Cabinet | Senate | Court | Student Leaders
associated students of cerritos college
The ASCC, with the support of the Board of Trustees, provides for a student government that finances, organizes, and directs a variety of programs that enhance the quality of student life at Cerritos College. Through collaboration and participation, the activities of the ASCC affects every aspect of student life on campus.
GET INVOLVED AND JOIN STUDENT GOVERNMENT!
- Represent and be a voice for your fellow students
- Play a vital role in decision making for the campus
- Build a network of student leaders
- Collaborate with faculty, staff and administrators on campus
- Develop Parlimentary Procedure skills
- Gain leadership experience
- Practice public speaking
- Make life-long friends!
Branches to Serve In
- Serve as an advisor to the Student Body President
- Create and implement Campus Events
- Conduct Student Outreach
- Oversee the ASCC Budget
- Cabinet positions are appointed by the Student Body President
- Meets every Monday at 2pm in BK 111/112
- Serve as an advisor to the Chief Justice
- Help Interpret the ASCC Constitution and By-Laws
- Oversee the student body elections
- Associated Justices are appointed by the Student Body President
- Meets every Tuesday at 11am in BK 111/112
- Create initiatives through legislation that benefits students
- Actively discuss and debate proposals
- Approve requests of the Associated Students
- Amend and approve the ASCC Budget
- Senator seats are elected in the Fall semester
- Meets every Wednesday at 2pm in BK 111/112
Constitution of the associated students of cerritos college
Can't join student government, but want to make a difference? Join a campus committee today!
If you want to get involved but are unable to join one of the branches above, you might want to consider working with a campus wide committee. The Student Body President appoints students to several on-campus committees that meet throughout the year, at different days and times.
Requirements to be on a committee include:
- Minimum 2.25 GPA
- Must be currently enrolled in 5 or more units at Cerritos College
- Have the current semester CCSA sticker
- Must be a good standing student
For more information on student government or the different committees available, contact the Student Body President (562) 860-2451, ext. 2477 or at email@example.com.