Mental Health Crisis Support
Most services at Student Health Psychological Services require a scheduled appointment, but there are situations when students may require more immediate assistance. Psychological Services offers same-day crisis hour appointments if you have an urgent matter to address. Some reasons to attend a crisis hour appointment may include, but are not limited to
- Thoughts of self-harm
- Thoughts of harming others
- Panic or excessive anxiety
- Experiencing or witnessing a traumatic event
- Death of friend or family member
- Extreme changes in mood
- Difficulty coping with intrusive thoughts
- Recent assault or abuse
If you are experiencing an urgent matter, please call our Crisis Line at (562) 653-7821 (press option 1).
Psychological Services After Hours Crisis Line
Call (562) 653-7821 (press option 1) for after-
hours crisis support
Student Health is open 8:00 am to 4:30 pm from Monday to Friday during the academic year. Please call Student Health at (562) 860-2451 Ext. 2321 (press option 3) for summer hours. Our after-hours crisis line is available after Student Health’s operating hours and during weekends and holidays to support students through responsive crisis assessment, emotional support, and solution-focused planning.
Other After Hours Crisis Resources
Several other options are also available if you are experiencing an urgent matter after hours.
- For potentially life-threatening emergencies, call 911 or Campus Police at (562) 860-2451 Ext. 2325.
- Call the 24 hour National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 or 1-800-799-4889 for Deaf and Hard of Hearing.
- Para asistencia en español, llame a la linea directa de Prevención del Suicidio al 1-800-273-8255 (oprima el numero 2).
- Contact the Crisis Text Line by texting “COURAGE” to 741741.
- For concerns related to domestic violence, call The National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233.
- The Trevor Project provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention for LGBTQ youth. Call 1-866-488-7386 or text “Trevor” to 1-202-304-1200.
- Servicemembers and Veterans in crisis can call 1-800-273-8255 (press 1) or text to 838255.
- The LA Warmline offers crisis support from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am. Call 855-952-9276.