Transferring to UC
APPLICATION FILING PERIODS
(Please verify Filing Periods with the Cerritos College Transfer Center)
- UC – Fall quarter/semester: November 1 – December 4
- UC Merced: November 1 – December 15
- UC Santa Cruz: November 1 – December 15
- UC Riverside: November 1 – December 15
- UC – Winter quarter/spring semester: July 1 – July 31
- Visit the Transfer Center Website for Assistance with Applications
TO QUALIFY FOR TRANSFER:
Fall 2021 Transfer: Students must have satisfactorily completed the following by the end of Spring 2021.
Spring 2022 Transfer: Students must have satisfactorily completed the following by the end of Summer 2021.
- 60 Transferable Semester Units
- Minimum GPA: 2.4
- Must complete 2 English Composition Courses and 1 Transfer Math
- 4 courses from at least 2 of the following areas:
- arts /humanities
- social & behavioral science
- physical /biological sciences;
- (personal Insight question required)
- Major Preparation Courses
Students are strongly encouraged to meet with a counselor every year, but even more so the year before they are intending to transfer. The counselor will review the student’s Education Plan and make any final adjustments needed, and will provide information for completing graduation and transfer paperwork.
- To Schedule a Virtual Counseling Appointment; please visit the Counseling Homepage