Associate in Science Degree for Transfer in Mathematics
MATHEMATICS ASSOCIATE IN SCIENCE DEGREE FOR TRANSFER (AS-T)
By successfully completing the courses for an Associate in Science in Mathematics for Transfer degree at Cerritos College, students will gain a practical and theoretical understanding for future studies involving mathematics. The role of mathematics is vital and growing, providing methods for finding solutions to problems in a wide range of sciences:
social, biological, physical, behavioral, and managerial. More generally, mathematics is necessary for understanding and expressing ideas in science, engineering, and human affairs.
REQUIRED CORE (18 units)
MATH 170 - Analytic Geometry and Calculus I
MATH 190 - Analytic Geometry and Calculus II
MATH 225 - Calculus III
MATH 250 - Linear Algebra and Differential Equations
SELECT ONE (3 – 4 units)
PHYS 201 - Engineering Physics
CIS 180 - Programming in C/C++
MATH 112 - Elementary Statistics
Total Units for the Major
21 - 22
ADDITIONAL DEGREE COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of 60 semester-units or 90 quarter-units that are eligible for transfer
to the California State University, including both of the following:
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education – Breadth Requirements.
- A minimum of 18 semester-units or 27 quarter-units in a major or area of emphasis, as determined by the community college district.
- Obtainment of a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
- Also required is that students must earn a “C” or better in all courses
required for the major.