Consumer Information

The Student Consumer Information Regulations of the United States Department of Education require all colleges and universities to provide their students access to certain information to which they are entitled to as consumers. Under these regulations, Cerritos College annually distributes to all students a notice of the availability of consumer information. The links below provides the information outlined for consumer disclosure by the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA).

This information is available in a hard-copy form upon request.

General information

The links below are provided as a service to the community members as required by the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA). Click on each section to learn more.

You can find information about our academic programs and course offerings below:

Cerritos College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC), a part of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC); a regionally federally-recognized accrediting agency designated by the Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges.  In addition, many of the programs offered are separately accredited, licensed, or approved by other accrediting agencies.  

Accreditation website for Cerritos College

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords
students certain rights with respect to their education records.  These rights are outlined in the Cerritos College catalog.

Student Accessibility Services (SAS)Student Accessibility Services (SAS) assists colleges in meeting the requirements of federal and State non-discrimination laws, including Sections 504 and 508 of the federal Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), The Americans with Disabilities Amendment Act (ADAA), and State Government Code Sections 11135-11139.5. 

Institutional Effectiveness, Research, & Planning provides data for college planning.  displays student demographic data on their website.  The Fact Book link on their website provides student demographic data.

Credits from other regionally accredited institutions may be accepted for transfer credit after evaluation by District evaluators.  Cerritos College will not accept the transfer credits from another institution if the evaluation by the District evaluators determines that the credits received from another accredited institution do not meet the equivalent standards for a similar course taken at Cerritos College.  Our transfer articulation agreements can be found on the Transfer Center website.


A student who presents an official transcript of previous college or university work (other than non-degree applicable course work) in courses comparable to those of Cerritos College, may receive credit towards the Associate in Arts degree from Cerritos College. Before credit can be granted, the course work must have been completed at a college or university that is a member of one of the six regional accrediting associations. Official transcripts must be on file with the Admissions and Records Office. Hand-delivered copies of transcripts are accepted provided they are received in a sealed envelope. Transfer credit from institutions using the quarter system shall be evaluated as follows:

The number of quarter units shall be multiplied by two and divided by three to arrive at the approximate number of semester units. (i.e., 4 quarter units equal approximately 3 semester units.)

Cerritos College is authorized to enroll F-1 non-immigrant students and welcomes applications from such persons. All records of any previous schools (mark sheets, transcripts, diplomas, certificates, etc.) must be submitted. These records must show courses taken and grades earned, and must be translated into English if the original records are in another language. If a translation is supplied, it should be certified as accurate and correct by an appropriate public or school official, or sponsoring agency or government. The original record should also be included.

Prior to the application of credit towards the Associate in Arts degree (A.A.), the international transcript must be submitted to evaluation agencies acceptable to Cerritos College. The college may then choose to accept or not accept the agency’s recommendations to award credit towards the Associate in Arts degree.

Since the four-year universities maintain their own individual evaluation staffs, credit from foreign institutions towards the Baccalaureate degree is subject to the universities’ review.

International students who wish to enroll as an F-1 status, please refer to the “Admission of International Students” in this catalog. Also, please contact the Office of International Student Services (OISS) at (562) 860-2451, Ext. 2133; Fax (562) 467-5086; or visit the website at

The Cost of Attendance and Net Price Calculator are displayed on the Financial Aid Office website.

It is the student's responsibility to maintain their student class schedule and adhere to registration deadlines as posted on the online class schedule.  Cerritos College adheres to California Education Code section 55024 regarding withdrawing from classes.

Admissions & Records - Add/Drop Deadline Dates

Financial Aid Office - If students receive financial aid and withdrawal from some or all of their classes, they may owe a portion or all of their financial aid.  See Return of Title IV Policy and census date information.


BP Board Policy 8010 on Copyright Law

Summary of Civil and Criminal Penalties for Violation of Federal Copyright Laws

Copyright infringement is the act of exercising, without permission or legal authority, one or more of the exclusive rights granted to the copyright owner under section 106 of the Copyright Act (Title 17 of the United States Code). These rights include the right to reproduce or distribute a copyrighted work. In the file sharing context, downloading or uploading substantial parts of a copyrighted work without authority constitutes an infringement.  Penalties for copyright infringement include civil and criminal penalties. In general, anyone found liable for civil copyright infringement may be ordered to pay either actual damages or “statutory” damages affixed at not less than $750 and not more than $30,000 per work infringed. For “willful” infringement, a court may award up to $150,000 per work infringed. A court can, in its discretion, also assess costs and attorneys’ fees.

For details, see Title 17, United States Code, Sections 504, 505. Willful copyright infringement can also result in criminal penalties, including imprisonment of up to five years and fines of up to $250,000 per offense. For more information, please see the website of the U.S.Copyright Office at

A student shall first meet with the employee(s) involved to attempt to resolve their concern.  If the matter is not resolved informally with the employee(s) involved, the student shall attempt to resolve the matter by informal discussion with the person at the lowest level of supervisory authority for the person with whom there is a complaint. For faculty members this would be the Division Dean, and for other employees this would be identified manager for the department or area.

There is a general grievance form and a grade grievance form on the Student Conduct & Grievances website.

Instructional Facilities and lab information can be found on the individual websites of the academic departments.
Faculty information can be found on the individual websites of the academic departments as well as the employee directory.  Counseling Faculty in Student Services can be found on the individual department websites.
Our Constitution Day educational event is held on September 17th each year coordinated by Student Affairs.  For more information, call (562) 860-2451 ext. 2474.   
Career Services at Cerritos College offers a number of resources to assist students in career planning and employment.  Career Services offers career exploration and decision-making services designed to assist them in exploring, planning and achieving their educational and career goals. This occurs primarily through guided self-exploration,occupational exploration, and major and career assessment with career counselors. 
The bookstore provides textbook information (including ISBN and retail price, when available) for courses listed in the schedule each semester. This information can be accessed through the bookstore's website.

The Secretary of State and the California Community Colleges are working together to increase voter registration among community college students. 


Student financial assistance is available for students. How financial assistance is distributed, the requirements, and how to complete the application process can be found below. 

For specific information regarding student financial aid, please visit the Financial Aid Office website. The Financial Aid website contains important information including:

Types of financial aid assistance available to students
Student eligibility requirements and applying for Financial Aid
Required forms for verification and notification of awards
Withdrawal from courses and Return to Title IV (R2T4)
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Disbursement schedule and process
Loans - entrance/exit counseling, loan terms and conditions
Cost of Attendance
Other resources and programs available to students

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is a policy requiring that student's maintain the school's academic standards to continue receiving federal and state student aid funds (excluding the CaliforniaCollege Promise Grant).  The SAP policy, standards, appeal process, completion rate and gpa calculators can be found on the Financial Aid SAP website.
Return of Title IV aid policy is displayed on the Financial Aid website and in the college catalog. 

All federal student loans obtained by a student or parent are reported to and tracked on the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). NSLDS loan records are accessible to all authorized NSLDS users, including schools, student loan guaranty agencies, lenders, federal agencies, and other authorized users.

Student and parent loan borrowers may view their federal loan information at NSLDS. Borrowers access the system using their federal PIN. Students can also access prior federal grant information at NSLDS.

When applying for financial aid, students may be selected for verification.  Verification is the process where the Financial Aid Office must confirm that the data reported on the FAFSA is accurate and matches supporting documentation.  Students may be asked to provide additional documentation based on these requirements.  Any required documentation will be displayed on the To Do List on MyCerritos.  Please review the Step 2:  Submit Forms information on the Financial Aid website.

health and safety

Cerritos College Police Officers provide the primary law enforcement response within the campus community.

The department handles all patrol, investigation, crime prevention education, emergency preparedness and related law enforcement duties for the college district and operates 24 hours, seven days a week. The Cerritos College Police coordinate with the Los Angeles County Sheriff Department, operating under a mutual aid agreement in the campus areas and surrounding communities. 

The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is the landmark federal law, originally known as the Campus Security Act, which requires colleges and universities across the United States to disclose information about crime on and around their campuses.  

Campus safety and security information can be found on the Campus Police website and the Clery website.

Cerritos College is committed to drug-free and alcohol-free campuses. In compliance with applicable law and policies, namely the Drug Free Schools and Campuses Regulations [EDGAR Part 86], the most recent biennial review report is provided. Future reports will be published here when available. For more information about our drug and alcohol abuse prevention efforts, please visit the websites below: 

Student Drug & Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program website

This website provides information on the following:

  • Drug and alcohol prevention and abuse
  • Code of conduct
  • Sanctions under local, state, and federal law 
  • Potential consequences impacting financial aid
  • Drug and alcohol counseling and resources available to students

Employee Drug & Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program website

This website provides information on the following:

  • Drug and alcohol prevention programs and resources
  • Health risks associated with the use of illicit drugs and alcohol
  • Standards of employee conduct and relevant policies
  • Consequences for violations
  • Legal Sanctions under local, state, and federal law

Students enrolled in programs located in the Health Occupations division must meet regulations regarding completed immunizations. These immunizations are required to protect all clients but especially the immune-compromised clients from contacting illness or disease from the students. Please refer to each program for the required immunizations and time frames. 

A Tuberculosis Test (TB Test) is required for all new international students attending Cerritos College. Test results must be within the last two years and completed by a health clinic.

New international students who are outside the United States can be screened for tuberculosis while in their home country.

International students who are inside the United States must submit their TB test results before being admitted to the college.

Title IX information including policies, FAQ's, resources can be found on the Title IX website.
Cerritos College is committed to providing the Campus Community vital information as quickly as possible. By signing up for Cerritos College Alerts through Nixle, you can receive important safety, security and community information via text, email, and/or web message.  Emergency information including campus safety plan/emergency procedures can be found on the Campus Police website.


Cerritos College reports annual student enrollment, retention, and graduation data at the state and federal level as required by federal and state law.