Some of the jobs we handle include printing exams, course outlines, class handouts, brochures, and publicity flyers. We invite all faculty and staff to take advantage of our services. The Publications Department does not perform any personal or club photocopying.
Note: Without written copyright clearance on jobs, materials can't not be printed.
Your masters/originals need to be camera ready (8.5X11 or 11X17) and in excellent condition; these will be placed in an automatic document feeder.
- A limited supply of 20 lb colored paper is available upon request.
- All instructional course packets, manuals, and books must be ordered through the bookstore before Publications can process the order, and students will be required to purchase your packet via Follett. Or, you can pay for the job to be printed; please see our price list. For copyrighted items that you will be paying for, you must first get written permission from the book's publisher to photocopy chapters for use.
- If your job is less than 400 copies, walk-up service offers immediate duplication (on 20 lb white paper 81/2 x11). Please review walk-up service guidelines here.
- During the beginning of Fall & Spring, walk-up service may be suspended in order to complete course packets as well as pending jobs.
- Occasionally we are closed during these posted hours due to lunch breaks, illnesses, vacation, meetings, or conferences; however, only after doing our best to find backup coverage.
The green Publications Job Order Form is used for all services (except exams) and all work is printed double sided unless specified.
- Fill out the form thoroughly
- Submit the Job Order Form with your originals
- Place in the tray on the counter
- Specify the date you submitted the project and the date you need it returned
- Completed projects are placed by the counter
- Give us a minimum of 24 hours to complete small projects
- A project consisting of several originals and 300 copies give at least 48 hours to complete the print job
We handle "Exam Printing" with confidentiality!
- Complete a buff colored Order Form
- Deliver exams in a sealed envelope and hand it directly to any staff member
- Faculty should plan on picking up their own exams unless other arrangements have been made
- Completed projects are stored behind the counter
For copyright guidelines for reproduction, please refer to: http://www.ucop.edu/ucophome/coordrev/policy/4-29-86.html#guide.
- We WILL NOT violate copyright restrictions. If you have copyrighted material that exceeds academic guidelines, please provide reprint permission with your order. If you are unfamiliar with copyright guidelines, please refer to the link above, or ask our staff.
- Material from newspapers or magazines must have the name of the publication and the date it was published written on the original that will be copied.
- We can't reproduce multiple copies of cartoons without authorization from the syndicate that owns the copyright.
- Material taken from a book (even an instructor's manual) must have the name of the publisher and the date it was copyrighted, noted on the original that will be copied.
- Materials originating from the Internet, must list the Internet address or web site
on the original that will be copied.
All instructional course packets, manuals, and books must be ordered through the bookstore before Publications can process the order, and students will be required to purchase your packet via Follett and they will check for copyright compliance. Or, you can pay for the job to be printed; please see our price list. For copyrighted items that you will be paying for, you must first get written permission from the book's publisher to photocopy chapters for use.
- All copyrighted material can only be used once. Orders cannot be repeated for more than one term.
- Orders without the required information will be held and you will be notified; we will complete the request once you supply us with the appropriate requirements.
We do not offer typing or paste-up services - your job must be submitted as camera-ready.
- Typing Services might be available through the Health Occupations Division.
- Graphic Art Services might be available through the Public Relations Office; we do not scan photographs or modify jobs.