Nursing Program Outcomes
(Fall 2019 graduates fighting COVID-19 in NYC in April 2020)
Nursing Program collects and analyzes data relevant to program success. The program outcomes include:
- Program Completion rates
- NCLEX-RN licensure rates
- Employment rates
- Continuing Education rates (BSN / MSN)
Expected Level of Achievement: The nursing program will complete at least 80% of enrolled students within 150% completion time, according to point of entry into the program (ie: within 6 semester for Option A students / within 3 semester for LVNs). Program strives for < 20% attrition at all times.
OPTION A COMPLETION RATES:
- Fall 2017 Cohort: 85% completion rate / 15% attrition
- Spring 2018 Cohort: 78% completion rate / 22% attrition
- Fall 2018 Cohort: 85% completion rate / 15% attrition
- Spring 2019 Cohort: 90% completion rate / 10% attrition
- Fall 2019 Cohort: 92% completion rate / 8% attrition
- Spring 2020 Cohort: 87% completion rate / 13% attrition
- Fall 2020: No graduation class
- Spring 2021 Cohort: 80% completion rate / 20% attrition
- Fall 2021 Cohort: 77% completion rate / 23% attrition
- Spring 2022 Cohort: pending
Average Attrition Rate has been 16%!!!
OPTION C (LVN-RN) COMPLETION RATES:
Average completion rate over the past five years = 80%
NCLEX-RN Licensure Pass Rates
Expected Level of Achievement: The nursing program strives to maintain a NCLEX-RN pass rate > 80% and above the national average pass rate:
First Time Pass Rate Per Graduating Cohort:
- SPRING 2016 - 95% National Rate - 82%
- FALL 2016 - 94% National Rate - 83%
- SPRING 2017 - 89% National Rate - 84%
- FALL 2017 - 89% National Rate - 84%
- SPRING 2018 - 85% National Rate - 85%
- FALL 2018 - 90% National Rate - 85%
- SPRING 2019 - 98% National Rate - 85%
- FALL 2019 - 92% National Rate - 83%
- SPRING 2020 - 95% National Rate - 83%
- SPRING 2021 - 91% National Rate - 82%
- FALL 2021 - 91% National Rate - 82%
- SPRING 2022 - 90% National Rate - 80%
- FALL 2022 - 90% National Rate - 80%
Our seven year average has been 91%!!! Way to go graduates!
Expected Level of Achievement: 80% of graduates will report finding employment as an RN within one year of graduation:
- Fall 2016 to Spring 2017 graduates: 88% in one year
- Fall 2017 to Spring 2018 graduates: 95% in one year
- Fall 2018 to Spring 2019 graduates: 92% in one year
- Fall 2019 to Spring 2020 graduates: 93% in one year
- Fall 2020 to Spring 2021 graduates: 94% in one year
- Fall 2021 to Spring 2022 graduates: 94% in one year
- Fall 2022 to Spring 2023 graduates: pending
Nearly 70% of our graduates are actively seeking employment opportunities in the last month of nursing school, and nearly 25% secure a position by graduation. Graduates are working as RNs in the acute care hospital setting, long term care centers, urgent cares, outpatient surgical centers, dialysis centers, home health care agencies, hospice management, and as school district nurses. Some may forego employment opportunities to return to school full-time for their BSN / MSN degrees.
Continuing Education Rates
Expected Level of Achievement: 50% of graduates will be enrolled in a BSN program upon graduation.
How many graduates were already enrolled in a "dual enrollment" BSN program upon graduation from Cerritos College?
- Fall 2018 graduates: 20%
- Spring 2019 graduates: 25%
- Fall 2019 graduates: 36%
- Spring 2020 graduates: 45%
- Fall 2020: no grad class
- Spring 2021: 70%
- Fall 2021: 75%
- Spring 2022: 60%
- Fall 2022: 50%
- Spring 2023: 63%
ALUMNI SURVEYS from 2017-2022 (5years) show that 70% of graduates have continued in or returned to school in a BSN or MSN program within 12 months of graduation.
Cerritos College Nursing Program maintains partnerships with National University, CSULA, CSUF, and Chamberlain to allow students to start on their BSN degree while enrolled at Cerritos at discounted rates.
***National University is now on campus! Once a nursing student has completed their first semester, they can apply to National University to begin on their BSN coursework as well, at a discounted rate. This partnership allows a student to work on both their AA and their BSN at the same time. Upon graduating Cerritos with their AA, and upon completing the NCLEX-RN exam, the student can stay on campus and complete their BSN with National University within 8-12 months. 35% of our nursing students are also enrolled with National University and working on their BSN coursework as well!