- Media Services. Ongoing support and training to faculty will be available from Media Services and the Center for Teaching Excellence. The primary Cerritos College support for remote learning resources is TNfacultyhelp@cerritos.edu
- Video Captioning. Along with captioning recorded videos and YouTube videos, you can add live captions into
Zoom classes through the library.
Use the Media Request form online to https://www.cerritos.edu/media/request.htm
- ConferZoom via Canvas. Use ConferZoom via Canvas to hold meetings. Information regarding support and other resources is available at https://www.cerritos.edu/ic/canvas/canvas.htm
- Remote Teaching. Check out the remote teaching resources Canvas https://cerritos.instructure.com/courses/42310
- Professional Development. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DbiCs-RgDb4gzWT6XNjayvPZqTDhJ-IjSoTtRTv2KNg/edit?usp=sharing
- Online Library Orientation. Sessions will be held via Zoom or the library can create a web page for your class research assignment that includes videos. Schedule your session online.
- Online Textbooks. Some textbook publishers have agreed to make their books available for free online. The library is working on a list of the textbooks currently on reserve that will be available for free. Search for books through the online system.
- Unlock account/reset password. Faculty, Staff, and students having difficulty logging in to Canvas or other college resources can unlock their accounts or reset their passwords by visiting this link: https://portal.cerritos.edu/_layouts/PG/login.aspx.
Fostering Instructional Continuity
So what can you do to help foster Instructional Continuity?
- Make your syllabi and other important course documents available electronically.
- Identify, setup, and test your technology tools to conduct class remotely. Please see the attachment for directions on using zoom within Canvas.
- Communicate with your students. Tell them how you plan to communicate with them in an emergency (email, Canvas announcement, etc.). Communicate clear expectations with students (flexibility with due dates, plan for course content, will you plan to move online, etc.)
- Talk to your department/division colleagues to share ideas around online assignment modifications, as well as options for assessing, collecting, and grading student work online.
- Connect with the CTX and remote teaching guides.
- Check out resources and ask questions in the Remote Teaching Resources Canvas