What type of student are you?

first time

You are a first time college student if this is your first time attending any college.

Concerrent Student

Dual Enrollment

(formerly Concurrent Enrollment)

Dual enrollment is for students who wish to attend Cerritos College who have not graduated from high school.

Transfer student

You are a transfer student if you have attended another college, but have never attended Cerritos College.

Re-entry Student

You are a re-entry student if you are 25 years of age or older or may have a 3-5 year gap in your education.

International Student

You are an international student if you are from a foreign country and carry a student F-1 visa.

Returning Student

If you attended Cerritos College but did not attend the previous semester, you are required to reapply in order to reactivate your academic record.


  • Welcome To Cerritos

    We are committed to helping every student succeed and to that end, we provide a wide range of support services to ensure your success.

  • Student Life & Student Government
    There's more that Cerritos College offers...motivation, inspiration, leadership, and experience.
  • Academics
    Explore majors, academic departments and more.
  • Student Services

    We offer many ways to support you through your Cerritos journey. Achieve success in your academic, career, and life goals in an environment that embraces the diversity of our students and community.



Spring: Online application begins August 1st (prior year)

Summer and Fall: Online application begins October 1 (prior year)

Can I attend Cerritos College? Yes! You can attend if…

  • You are 18 years of age or older, with or without a high school diploma, and may profit from instruction.
  • You are a high school graduate or have the equivalent of a high school diploma.
  • You are a high school student in your junior or senior year with appropriate criteria and approvals (College Bridge program).
  • You are a student below the tenth grade with appropriate criteria and approvals (Special Admit minors program).
  • You are an international student with a valid non-immigrant, F-1 visa status (completion of an international student application is required).

Under AB-540, undocumented students may qualify to pay in-state tuition if they meet the following requirements:

  • Attended a California high school for 3 or more years and graduated with a diploma or have attained a G.E.D.; or received a passing mark on the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE).
  • File an affidavit with the public state college or university stating that he or she will file an application to obtain legal permanent residency as soon as he or she is eligible.