OUR Commitment TO UNIVERSAL ACCESS
The Universal Access Task Force was established in 2014 to address accessibility to electronic information and technology for individuals with disabilities and compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. Originally named “508 Task Force”, the membership of the Task Force consists of campus staff who have a special interest in Section 508 mandates and accessibility to electronic information and technology. The name was changed to Universal Access in 2015.
Cerritos College is a leader in advancing electronic accessibility. Through the adoption an Accessibility of Electronic and Information Technology (EIT) policy, Cerritos College expresses its commitment to establish a barrier-free learning community, or universal access, to all individuals. Universal Access is a college-wide responsibility that applies to faculty, classified staff, and administrators. Universal Access includes EIT “products and environments to be usable by all people, to the greatest extent possible, without the need for adaptation or specialized design.” (source: Center for Universal Design)I. When principles of Universal Access are applied, EIT products meet the needs of potential users with a wide variety of characteristics, including individuals with disabilities. Universal Access follows Cerritos College Board Policies 3411, 6365 and 3720. Universal Access also meets other state and federal mandates.
It is our collective responsibility to ensure that accessibility is considered at the time of adoption, development or purchase of electronic and information technology products, services and instructional materials.
- Celeste Phelps, Dean of Student Accessibility and Wellness Services
- Lauren Elan Helsper, Director of Diversity, Compliance and Title IX Coordinator
- Adriana Flores-Church, Vice President of Human Resources
- Andrew Maz, Instructor of Music
- Chad Greene, CTX Coordinator; Instructor of English
- Dilcie Perez, Vice President of Student Services
- Felipe Lopez, Vice President of Business Services
- Linda Clowers, Dean of Academic Affairs
- Linda Hua, Instructor of English; Distance Education
- Mark Logan, Director of Purchasing
- Miya Walker, Director of College Relations, Public Affairs and Governmental Relations
- Monica Lopez, Librarian
- Monique Valencia, CTX Program Assistant
- Patrick O’Donnell, Director of Information Technology
- Rick Miranda, Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Shawna Baskette, Dean of Academic Success
- Hugh Nguyen, UATF admin support
- Nadia Benavidez, UATF admin support