Student Conduct & Grievances

Report an incident

In the event of an emergency, please contact Campus Police immediately at (562) 860-2451 Ext. 2325, or dial 9-1-1.

For questions or consultation please contact the office at:

 The Office of Student Conduct & Grievances (OSCG) promotes a safe and inclusive environment by administering transparent and fair student conduct and grievance processes that uphold community standards.  OSCG contributes to student learning, development, and success through effective prevention and response efforts. 

Student Conduct

Students are responsible for upholding the Standards of Student Conduct (BP 5500), including academic honesty and behavior expectations. Students who are alleged to have violated these Standards are subject to the Student Discipline Procedures (AP 5520).

To report an instance of academic dishonesty or student misconduct, use the online Student Conduct Incident Reporting Form.

Faculty & Staff seeking to submit at Student Conduct Incident Report are encouraged to review this Guide for Writing a Student Conduct, CAIR, or Title IX Report prior to filling out the form.

Student Grievances 

Students have the right to address grievances regarding academic, administrative, and instructional matters, that deprive them of their rights as set forth in the Student Rights and Responsibilities, or any state, federal, or local code.

Please review applicable board policies (BP 5530) and administrative procedures (AP 5530) for Student Rights and Grievances.

General Grievance

For general grievances, not related to final course grades, please complete the General Grievance Form and you will be contacted by OSCG.

Grade Grievance (Final Grades Only)

For grievances involving final grade disputes, students must prove that their assigned course grade involved “mistake, fraud, bad faith, or incompetency”. 
Only final course grades may be grieved.

After first attempting to resolve the concern with the faculty member, students may fill out the online Student Grade Grievance Form to initiate the grade grievance process.

Students will be asked to provide documentation of proof which shows that an attempt was made to resolve concern with faculty.

Locate the Crisis Assessment, Intervention, and Response (CAIR) team & page at this link

Complaints against the College with ACCJC

Students and members of the public who desire to file a complaint regarding Cerritos College with the accrediting body of the college, the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) may do so via their website. Prior to submitting a complaint, please review ACCJC’s Policy on Student and Public Complaints Against Institutions.  The Commission (ACCJC) receives complaints about substantive matters that are related to the quality of the institution or its academic programs. The Commission will address concerns that are clearly related to an accreditation action taken by the Commission. However, the Commission does not act as a court of appeal, and therefore cannot settle disputes between individuals and institutions.  Areas that would not fall under the purview of ACCJC include: matters of admission, granting or transfer of academic credit, grades, fees, student financial aid, student discipline, collective bargaining, faculty appointments, promotion, tenure and dismissals or similar matters.

For further assistance, please call the appropriate office:
Cerritos College Police Department: (562) 860-2451, Ext. 2325 or Dial 9-1-1
Student Health Services: (562) 860-2451, Ext. 2321
Human Resources: (562) 860-2451 Ext. 2284
Office of Student Conduct and Grievances: (562) 860-2451 Ext. 2445 & 2483