The mission of the Department of Philosophy is to:
- Assist students in their pursuit of AA degrees by providing the academic preparation
division philosophy courses for successfully transfer to four-year universities.
- Enable students to enhance their quality of life and fulfill their personal goals
by helping them use
education as a means for cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain a curriculum that respects and embraces the diversity represented in our
student body and
- Help students prepare to become responsible participants of complex democratic societies.
- Help students assume the diverse challenges they face as “citizens of the world.”