* ATTENTION NURSING APPLICANTS 2020-2021 *
In order to be in alignment with recommendations and mandates set forth from the CDC, to reduce the rapid transmission rates of the COVID-19 virus, the nursing department will need to implement some changes to our application cycle and process. The nursing department’s 2020-2021 application cycle ends tomorrow, March 16th, at 400pm. The counseling department had planned to host walk-in nursing application transcript evaluations tomorrow (3/16) throughout the day. However, in order to safeguard counseling faculty and staff and to prevent gatherings and in-person interactions, the counseling staff are canceling these sessions. Counseling will be merging onto online, distant counseling sessions over the next week. Meanwhile, NO NURSING APPLICANTS will be able to have their applications signed off tomorrow.
The nursing department does not want this change to inhibit a qualified applicant from having their application submitted by the deadline and considered for admission. Therefore, the nursing department will:
- Take nursing applications through tomorrow’s deadline. The deadline will not be postponed.
- If a nursing applicant has NOT had their transcript evaluated by a nursing counselor, however, they believe that they have met all of the qualifications and have all the necessary documents ready, they should/can submit their application to the Health Science Division Office.
- Upon arriving to the Health Science Division Office, applicants will be allowed into the office to turn in their application / documents, one by one. So, applicants should plan on being held outside, distanced from one another, for a few minutes. Dress appropriately.
- Counseling department will evaluate these applications over the next couple of weeks and these applications will be place into the application pool (upon meeting all qualifications).
NURSING PROGRAM ACCREDITATIONS:
The Cerritos College Nursing Program is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing
California Board of Registered Nursing
P.O. Box 944210
Sacramento, CA 94244-21100
Phone: (916) 322-3350
The Cerritos College Nursing Program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Phone: (404) 975-5000
- NURSING PROGRAM ADMISSION OPTIONS :
- "Option A" - Associate in Arts Degree
- "Option B" -LPT-ADN Mobility Program
- "Option C" -LVN-ADN Mobility Program
- "Option D" -LVN 30 Unit Option
- "Option E" -Transfer and Challenge
- "Option F" -Board of Registered Nursing Referral
- For "Options C and D" - Work Verification Form
*Applicants for the 2020-2021 Application Cycle need to reference the Fall 2019 Nursing Information Packet and must utilize the revised Option A Application (2020-2021 Cycle). (not the 2019-2020application)
*PLEASE NOTE: NEW APPLICATION / ADMISSION PROCESS - effective January 2019
*For OPTION A students only
The Cerritos College Nursing Program accepts applications once a year, from January 1 - March 15th, for the following academic year. Applications for the 2020 - 2021 academic year will be accepted beginning in January 2020. The nursing program will be utilizing a Blended Admission Process using a combination of: 1) Multiselective Criterion Admission Process and 2) Random Selection (Lottery) (began with the January 2019 application period).
All applicants will be given points according the Multiselective Criterion Tool. The program will configure the points for all applicants and the first 50% of admission seats for the 2020-2021 academic year will be filled with the top point applicants. The remaining applicants will be placed into a random selection process (lottery) and the next 50% of admission seats will be filled with the top students in the random selection.
The Multiselective Criterion Admission Process (for Option A Applications) will take into consideration the following:
- Grade Point Average (overall and in the sciences)
- Previous Academic Degree
- Recency of Prerequisites
- TEAS Scores
- Relevant Healthcare Experience
- Volunteer Hours
- Life Experiences
- Veteran Status
- Second Languages