WELCOME TO THE NURSING PROGRAM HOMEPAGE!
*UPDATED: OCTOBER 1, 2021
FIRST: In order to be in alignment with recommendations and mandates set forth from the CDC to reduce the rapid transmission rates of the COVID-19 virus, the nursing department is currently working partially remote. Therefore, we appreciate your patience during this challenging time in our response rate to your questions and concerns. We are monitoring our voice mails and emails closely and responding; however, response rates may take a couple of days. Thank you, in advance, for your patience and understanding.
1) The program has notified applicants of Spring 2022 acceptance and those admitted, have attended Orientation.
2) All applicants who did not receive selection or alternate status for Fall 2021 or Spring 2022, should have received a letter explaining the next steps to pull their application forward for consideration in the next application cycle.
We ARE TAKING NEW APPLICATIONS in January 2022 (for any option of entry into the program). If you are interested in applying for the program, please make an appointment with Counseling to be sure that all required prerequisites have been met and gpa qualifications have been met. Gather your transcripts, as well as supporting documents for the MultiSelective Process. The Application can be found on this site, under "Application Process". Also, visit the information regarding the TEAS Exam and please plan to take the TEAS Exam prior to submitting your application. The program WILL offer the TEAS Exam with limited capacity, in early Spring. Those dates will be updated here! Check back! THE PROGRAM HIGHLY ADVISES THAT ALL APPLICANTS COMPLETE THE TEAS EXAM PRIOR TO APPLYING!
*IF YOU TAKE AN ADMISSION ELSEWHERE AND NO LONGER WANT TO BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE NOTIFY THE DIRECTOR OF NURSING @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IF I AM INTERESTED IN THE NURSING PROGRAM? WHAT SHALL I DO?
- Review the Technical Standards and Essential Functions to ensure that Nursing is a career for you. (left toolbar)
- Review the Nursing Program Information Packet and Admission Requirements (left toolbar). This will provide you with essential information regarding coursework, gpa requirements, and timelines.
- Make an appointment with a Health Occupations Counselor and/or attend a General Nursing Workshop with Counseling. (online currently - workshops continue this fall)
- Take Nursing 3 course in Spring semester to see if "Nursing is for me?".
- Obtain healthcare volunteer hours during this time.
- Complete the required science pre-requisites
- Study for and take the ATI TEAS Examination
PRE-NURSING STUDENTS TAKING PRE-REQUISITE COURSEWORK: As a result of most campuses offering science prerequisites online in 2020 and 2021, the Nursing Department has made a decision to accept on-line courses (Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, and English) that are completed in the Spring/Summer/Fall 2020 and the Spring/Summer/Fall 2021 terms. HOWEVER, nursing students cannot submit "Pass/No Pass" as grades for these courses. Due to the prerequisite gpa requirements for admission, as well as the points allocated through the MultiSelective Criterion for these grades, it is necessary that pre-nursing students take all science pre-requisite courses for letter grades. Therefore, when enrolling for a science pre-requisite course, please request the instructor to provide you with a grade option.
MATH REQ: The program understands that some pre-nursing students may have taken Math 75 for proficiency requirements. However, in order to appropriately prepare our nursing students for transfer to BSN programs, the program will encourage and require students to take Math 80. Completion of Math 75 in fall 2021 or later will not be acceptable for applying to the Cerritos College Nursing program.
NURSING PROGRam approval / accreditation:
The Cerritos College Nursing Program is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing
California Board of Registered Nursing
P.O. Box 944210
Sacramento, CA 94244-21100
Phone: (916) 322-3350
The Associate Degree Nursing program at Cerritos College, located in Norwalk, CA,
is accredited by the: Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326 Phone- 404-975-5000
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Associate Degree in Nursing program at Cerritos College was Continual Accreditation (in 2013).