Visual & Cultural Studies Lecture Series sponsored by ASCC
- Alumni Journeys discussion with Antoine "AJ" Girard (independent curator, cultural strategist, and Cerritos College alum), co-sponsored by the Cerritos College Alumni Association, August 25, 2021.
- Dr. James Fishburne (Forest Lawn Museum), "Replicating Michelangelo: Modern and Postmodern Monuments in L.A. and Beyond," March 30, 2021.
- Anuradha Vikram (LA-based Writer, Curator, and Educator), "Historical Revisions: Looking Back on Five Years of Decolonizing Culture,” May 6, 2021.
- Dr. Lauren Kilroy-Ewbank (SmartHistory), "Beyond the canon and the textbook: Expanding Art History with SmartHistory," May 11, 2021.
- Melody Rodari (Loyola Marymount University), "Colonial Legacies: Buddhist Art in the Modern Museum," March 11, 2020.
- Young Joon Kwak, "Artist Talk: Dilectio," February 24, 2020.
- Rebecca Hall (USC Pacific Asia Museum), "We Are Here: Contemporary Art and Asian Voices in Los Angeles," February 20, 2020.
- "Locatora Radio: A Radiophonic Novela Femme Defense Workshop," A workshop about the history of self-defense and resilience of femmes and women of color from a Latin American and U.S. Latinx context, presented by Visual and Cultural Studies Program in collaboration with the Latinx Heritage Month Committee, September 18, 2019.
- Erikki Huhtamo (University of California, Los Angeles), "Kaleidoscope, Pokémon Go, and Media Manias: A Media Archaeological Perspective," April 11, 2019.
- Heather Graham (California State University, Long Beach), "Mourning at the Margins: Reading Raphael's Entombment Altarpiece through the History of Affect," March 28, 2019.
- Laura Llwellyn (J. Paul Getty Museum), "Simone Martini: Painter and Pioneer," January 31, 2019.
- Bridget Cooks (University of California, Irvine), "The Black Index," October 30, 2018.
- Jennifer King, (Los Angeles County Museum of Art [LACMA]), "Museum Pictures: Vera Lutter at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art," October 23, 2018.
- Peter Weller, PhD, "A Reassessment in Historiography and Gender: Donatello's Bronze David in the Twenty-First Century, "May 8, 2018.
- Star Montana, “Artist Talk,” April 16, 2018.
- Judithe Hernández, "Time Travel on the Expo Line: Designing the Art for the Downtown Santa Monica Terminus Station," March 26, 2018.
- Kim Richter (Getty Research Institute), "Golden Kingdoms: Luxury and Legacy in the Ancient Americas," October 17, 2017.
- Julie Trager and James MacDevitt (Cerritos College), “Tangerine: Film Screening and Discussion,” April 24, 2017.
- Thomas Folland (L.A. Mission College), “Queer Modernism,” April 10, 2017.
- Christine Milroy (Southern California Trangender Counseling), “Ma Vie en Rose: Film Screening and Discussion,” February 28, 2017.
- Panel Discussion: "ROUND TWO:“B***h”, “H*e”, “N***a”:Gender Representations in Hip
Hop," Spring Semester.
- Sohail Daulatzai University of California, Irvine
- Melange Lavonne, Hip Hop artist
- Ebony A. Utley, California State University, Long Beach
- Oliver Wang California State University, Long Beach
- Kristine Wright, University of California, Irvine
- Jack Halberstam (University of Southern California), “Animating Revolt/Revolting Animation”, Spring Semester.
- Panel Discussion: "B****, H**, N****: Gender Representations in Hip Hop," Spring Semester.
- Sohail Daulatzai, University of California, Irvine
- Steven Nelson, University of California, Los Angeles
- Karen Tongson, University of Southern California
- Panel Discussion: "Divas and Jeffes: Gender roles in American and Mexican Soap Opera,
- Dr. Jorge Garcia, California State University, Northridge.
- Dr. Kristine Wright, California State University, Long Beach
- Dr. Jennifer Terry, University of California, Irvine.
- Dr. Lena Chao, California State University, Los Angeles.
- Mark Greenfield, "Artist Talk," Spring Semester.
- Juliette Minces (Author), "Veiled: Women in Islam," Spring Semester.