Certificate and Licensing Information

Graduates of our Dental Assisting Program can be employed in California as a Dental Assistant, without taking an exam. However, our graduates are eligible to take both the Dental Board of California, Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) exam and the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB), Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) exam. 

We prepare our students with the intent that they will take the RDA exam and strongly encourage our students to take it IMMEDIATELY after graduation. 

The RDA exam is only valid in California, while successfully passing DANB’s CDA certifications and competency exams are recognized or required by 37 states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Air Force and the Department of Veterans Affairs.