Preparing for Study Abroad
1. Basic Requirements for Applying to Cerritos College's Study Abroad Program:
- Overall GPA of 2.5 or above at time of application
- Completed minimum of 12 units at Cerritos College
- Completed English 100 with a grade of C or better or "Pass"
- Be at least 18 years old
2. Required to Study Abroad: A Passport
All students must have a passport from the U.S. in order to travel with a Cerritos College study abroad program. An international student who has a home country passport may require a visa for entry into the study abroad host country. If you do not have a U.S. passport, speak with the faculty in the Study Abroad Program right away.
See the U.S. State Department's Passport How-To page.
The Passport Photo Booth app can be downloaded to your phone; it's less expensive than getting formal pictures taken. Otherwise, less expensive passport photos can be taken at the local post office, CVS/Walgreens, AAA, and other locations.