Welcome to the Fall 2020!
STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY!
My Current and Upcoming Schedule:
Most Mondays, 5:30pm - 6:30pm
Email me to confirm and make an appointment.
"Almost everything: all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure. These things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose." -- Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Address, 2005
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
One day, you're going to have to make a choice. You just have to decide what kind of a man you want to grow up to be. Because whoever that man is, good character or bad, he's gonna change the world. -- Jonathan Kent, Smallville
"In God we trust; all others must bring data." -- unverified author
"Life is nothing without trivia, but nothing in life is trivial." - Don Whitney
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. -- Carl Sagan
"There is no reason anyone in the right state of mind will want a computer in their home." - Ken Olson, President of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977
"Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugar water or do you want a chance to change the world?" - Steve Jobs to John Sculley
Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity. -- Horace Mann, 1859
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. - Proverbs 22:6
- November 1987
- Microsoft releases Windows 2.0
- November 1, 1952
- U.S. explodes the first hydrogen bomb.
- November 3, 1957
- Soviets launch first dog into space.
- November 5, 2001
- Nintendo releases GameCube.
- November 8, 2001
- Microsoft releases the Xbox.
- November 9, 1934
- Astronomer Carl Sagan is born.
- November 10, 2001
- The first Apple iPod goes on sale in U.S. Thanks Steve!
- November 21, 1969
- The first permanent ARPANET link was established. The connection was from UCLA to Stanford to UC Santa Barbara to University of Utah. ARPANET later to be also known as DARPANET and is our pre-curser to our Internet.