Welcome to Spring 2020!
STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY!
Back on Monday March 30th!
CIS 202A Project Management for IT #21919
2/3/2020 - 5/22/2020
Drop Date Apr 28, 2020
CIS 202B Microsoft Project #30136
Drop Date Apr 28, 2020
Alternate Mondays, 5:30pm - 6:30pm
Room MCIS 220
Email me to confirm and make an appointment.
Download the mobile Canvas to your mobile device:
"Almost everything: all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure. These things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose." -- Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Address, 2005
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
One day, you're going to have to make a choice. You just have to decide what kind of a man you want to grow up to be. Because whoever that man is, good character or bad, he's gonna change the world. -- Jonathan Kent, Smallville
"In God we trust; all others must bring data." -- unverified author
"Life is nothing without trivia, but nothing in life is trivial." - Don Whitney
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. -- Carl Sagan
"There is no reason anyone in the right state of mind will want a computer in their home." - Ken Olson, President of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977
"Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugar water or do you want a chance to change the world?" - Steve Jobs to John Sculley
Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity. -- Horace Mann, 1859
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. - Proverbs 22:6
- March 1, 1893
- Nikola Tesla gives the first public demonstration of radio in St. Louis, Missouri.
- March 1, 1995
- Yahoo! is incorporated.
- March 3, 1847
- Alexander Graham Bell is born. Died August 2, 1922
- March 6, 1912
- Oreo's Birthday!
- March 6, 1998
- The Dude abides! The movie The Big Lebowski is released.
- March 7, 2012
- Apple announces the new iPad
- March 8, 1983
- IBM announces the IBM Personal Computer XT (eXtended Technology). It features a Intel 8088 processor, 10MB hard drive, 128 kB RAM, 40Kb ROM and double-sided 360 kB floppy drive. For $4995, it’s all yours. The machine was also called IBM Machine Type number 5160.
- March 11, 1952
- DON'T PANIC. Douglas Adams is born, author of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Died May 11, 2001
- March 13
- Pluto Planet Day
- March 14
- Pi Day
- March 15, 44 BC
- Beware the Ides of March. Julius Caesar is murdered
- March 15, 1985
- Symbolics became the first domain registered on the World Wide Web.
- March 21, 2006
- Twitter is born!
- March 25
- Waffle Day! Celebrated in Sweden
- March 26, 1931
- Leonard Nimoy was born in Boston on March 26, 1931, the son of Ukrainian Jewish immigrants. He began acting early; at age eight Nimoy was already acting in local productions. Best known as Star Trek's Mr. Spock. Died February 27, 2015.
- March 28, 1979
- Three Mile Island Nuclear accident
- March 29, 1983
- Radio Shack introduces the TRS-80 Model 100. It is the first portable computer featuring a 2.4 MHz processor for $799.
- March 30, 1941
- The first commercial computer, the UNIVersal Automatic Computer (UNIVAC I) is born.