Welcome to the Fall 2022 Semester!
STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY!
My Current and Upcoming Schedule:
Most Mondays, 5:30pm - 6:30pm (Remote)
Email me to confirm and make an appointment.
FREE Textbook Library. You may find your Textbook here!
"Almost everything: all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure. These things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose." -- Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Address, 2005
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
One day, you're going to have to make a choice. You just have to decide what kind of a man you want to grow up to be. Because whoever that man is, good character or bad, he's gonna change the world. -- Jonathan Kent, Smallville
"In God we trust; all others must bring data." -- unverified author
"Life is nothing without trivia, but nothing in life is trivial." - Don Whitney
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. -- Carl Sagan
"There is no reason anyone in the right state of mind will want a computer in their home." - Ken Olson, President of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977
"Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugar water or do you want a chance to change the world?" - Steve Jobs to John Sculley
Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity. -- Horace Mann, 1859
"Excuse me... What does God need with a starship?" -- Captain James T. Kirk, 1989
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge -- Dr. Stephen Hawking
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. - Proverbs 22:6
“To have made even one person’s life a little better, that is to succeed.” — Henry David Thoreau
"I don't know what weapons will be used for World War III, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" -- Unknown, just after WWII.
Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in awhile you could miss it. --Ferris Bueller, June 11, 1986
“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt” ― Mark Twain
Trust, but verify -- Present Ronald Reagan, 1986. In the original Russian “Doveryai no proveryai”
"You have the strength that comes from knowing." -- God, Oh God!, 1977.
- November 1987
- Microsoft releases Windows 2.0
- November 1, 1952
- U.S. explodes the first hydrogen bomb.
- November 3, 1957
- Soviets launch first dog into space.
- November 5, 2001
- Nintendo releases GameCube.
- November 8, 2001
- Microsoft releases the Xbox.
- November 9, 1934
- Astronomer Carl Sagan is born.
- November 10, 2001
- The first Apple iPod goes on sale in U.S. Thanks Steve!
- November 21, 1969
- The first permanent ARPANET link was established. The connection was from UCLA to Stanford to UC Santa Barbara to University of Utah. ARPANET later to be also known as DARPANET and is our pre-curser to our Internet.
- December 5, 1901
- Walt Disney Born.
- December 15, 1966
- Walt Disney died.
- December 17
- Wright Brothers Day, commemorates the first successful flights in a heavier than air, mechanically propelled airplane, that were made by Orville and Wilbur Wright on December 17, 1903, near Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.
- December 17, 1903
- First power driven flights by the Wright brothers 30 mph. At Kitty hawk Bay, N.C
- December 17, 1935
- First flight of the Douglas DC-3. The first airplane my dad helped to build at McDonnell Douglas Aircraft, now known as Boeing.
- December 19, 1902
- Marconi first wireless sent across the Atlantic.