Welcome to THE FALL 2023 Semester!
STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY!
My Current and Upcoming Schedule:
Most Mondays, 5:30pm - 6:30pm (Remote)
Email me to confirm and make an appointment.
FREE Textbook Library. You may find your Textbook here!
"Almost everything: all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure. These things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose." -- Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Address, 2005
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
One day, you're going to have to make a choice. You just have to decide what kind of a man you want to grow up to be. Because whoever that man is, good character or bad, he's gonna change the world. -- Jonathan Kent, Smallville
"In God we trust; all others must bring data." -- unverified author
"Life is nothing without trivia, but nothing in life is trivial." - Don Whitney
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. -- Carl Sagan
"There is no reason anyone in the right state of mind will want a computer in their home." - Ken Olson, President of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977
"Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugar water or do you want a chance to change the world?" - Steve Jobs to John Sculley
Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity. -- Horace Mann, 1859
"Excuse me... What does God need with a starship?" -- Captain James T. Kirk, 1989
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge -- Dr. Stephen Hawking
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. - Proverbs 22:6
“To have made even one person’s life a little better, that is to succeed.” — Henry David Thoreau
"I don't know what weapons will be used for World War III, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" -- Unknown, just after WWII.
Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in awhile you could miss it. --Ferris Bueller, June 11, 1986
“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt” ― Mark Twain
Trust, but verify -- Present Ronald Reagan, 1986. In the original Russian “Doveryai no proveryai”
My advice is don't rule out community college or a trade school. That's what I did. I graduated at a community college. And it was the best thing I ever did. -- Mike Rowe, 2017
"Ancient Astronaut Theorists Say Yes" -- History Channel
Your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has! Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one! --Doc Emmett Brown, Oct. 27, 1985
One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever. --Ecclesiastes 1:4
"You have the strength that comes from knowing." -- GOD, Oh God!, 1977.
- December 5, 1901
- Walt Disney Born.
- December 15, 1966
- Walt Disney died.
- December 17
- Wright Brothers Day, commemorates the first successful flights in a heavier than air, mechanically propelled airplane, that were made by Orville and Wilbur Wright on December 17, 1903, near Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.
- December 17, 1903
- First power driven flights by the Wright brothers 30 mph. At Kitty hawk Bay, N.C
- December 17, 1935
- First flight of the Douglas DC-3. The first airplane my dad helped to build at McDonnell Douglas Aircraft, now known as Boeing.
- December 19, 1902
- Marconi first wireless sent across the Atlantic.
- December 23, 1947
- The Transistor was successfully demonstrated on December 23, 1947 at Bell Laboratories in Murray Hill, New Jersey. (Just shortly after the 'Roswell' incident. Just sayin')
- January 2, 1860
- uh...The Planet Vulcan is announced.
- January 9, 2007 9:41am
- Steve Jobs introduced the iPhone
- January 12, 1896
- First X-ray photo taken
- January 17
- Benjamin Franklin's Birthday and National Engineer's Week
- January 18, 1995
- The domain name yahoo.com is registered. Previously, the web site was called David and Jerrys Guide to the World Wide Web.
- January 20, 1930
- Buzz Aldin's Birthday
- January 21, 1954
- First Nuclear Powered Sub is launched
- January 21
- Another Famous American Bowler/Photographer Birthday!
- January 21
- Squirrel Appreciation Day
- January 21-23, 1972
- The first Star Trek Convention, which was held New York
- January 21, 1976
- Commercial service of the Concorde begins with the London-Bahrain and Paris-Rio routes.
- January 21, 1981
- Production of the iconic DeLorean DMC-12 sports car begins in Dunmurry, Northern Ireland.
- January 21, 2000
- The domain name twitter.com was registered. However, it wasn't until 2006 that the domain was purchased by Twitter, Inc. and took the form we know today.
- January 22, 1984
- Apple Macintosh computer commercial airs during Super Bowl
- January 24, 1984
- Apple introduces the Macintosh
- January 24, 1848
- GOLD DISCOVERED IN CALIFORNIA by James Wilson Marshall at his partner Johann August Sutter's sawmill on the South Fork of the American River, near Coloma, California.
- January 25, 1804
- Opportunity rover (MER-B) lands on surface of Mars, three weeks after its twin, Spirit (MER-A), touched down on the other side of the planet.
- January 26, 1962
- Ranger 3 is launched to study the Moon. The space probe was designed to transmit pictures of the lunar surface to Earth stations during a period of 10 minutes of flight prior to impacting on the Moon. Due to a series of malfunctions, the spacecraft missed the Moon by 22,000 miles.
- January 26, 1983
- The Lotus Development Corporation releases Lotus 1-2-3 for IBM computers.
- January 27, 1880
- Thomas Edison patents the electric incandescent lamp.
- January 27, 1967
- Apollo 1 crew of 3 astronauts killed on the launch pad due to an oxygen fire
- January 27, 2010
- Apple introduces the iPad. While still only a few years old, the introduction of the iPad triggered the close of the PC era and will certainly go down in history as one of the pivotal points in computing history.
- January 28, 1986
- Challenger Space Shuttle explosion kills crew of 7 astronauts
- January 28
- Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day
- January 31, 1958
- First US satellite Explorer-I was launched