The mission of the Foster and Kinship Care Education Program is to provide quality education and support opportunities to caregivers of children and youth in out-of-home care so that these providers may meet the educational, emotional, behavioral and developmental needs of children and youth in the foster care system. Although our target audience is mainly foster parents and relative caregivers, out trainings are open to everyone in the community families, friends, social workers group home staff and any professional who works with children.
The development of the Foster and Kinship Care Education program is guided by the belief that children and youth will achieve their fullest potential when:
- Children/youth feel they belong to families that are strong, safe and nurturing.
- There is consistency in care.
- Caregivers are qualified, caring and knowledgeable.
- Caregivers are retained.
- Caregivers are linked to and collaborate with community support services.
- There is permanency that is in the best interest of the child.
FREE workshops, training events, and learning support groups.
Please contact the FKCE office to be placed on our email list to receive our monthly Foster and Kinship Care Class Schedule.
CURRENT CLASS Calendar
All classes are currently online and subject to change. Please contact the Foster & Kinship Care Education office at (562) 860-2451 ext. 2496 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.