Welcome to the Planning and Budget Website
The purposes of the College Committee on Planning and Budget are:
- Reviews data for institutional planning
- Develops and recommends for approval the college’s strategic goals
- Collaborates in the development of college-wide plans such as the Educational Master Plan and the Technology Plan, and makes recommendations to the Board for approval
- Develops processes for unit and area planning
- Ensures that planning and resource allocation are linked
- Develops and recommends for approval the college’s annual budget and ensures that it reflects college planning priorities
- Monitors trends and practices on issues within the committee’s scope and communicates them to the college
Planning and Budget Committee 2019-20 Goals:
- With Program Review being the cornerstone of planning, examine and implement a peer review process for non-instructional and administrative "units", which will include establishing and measuring Service Area Outcomes (SAOs).
- The lead agents for each planning document will provide a progress update to the Planning and Budget Committee. A schedule will be developed and distributed at the beginning of 2019-2020.
- Continue improvements to internal and external communication by ensuring committee website is up-to-date, planning calendar/timelines are discussed and posted online, and budget updates are routinely provided.
The quorum requirement is a majority (11) of the committee members.