Welcome to the Planning and Budget Website
The purposes of the College Committee on Planning and Budget are:
- Reviews data for institutional planning
- Develops and recommends for approval the college’s strategic goals
- Collaborates in the development of college-wide plans such as the Educational Master Plan and the Technology Plan, and makes recommendations to the Board for approval
- Develops processes for unit and area planning
- Ensures that planning and resource allocation are linked
- Develops and recommends for approval the college’s annual budget and ensures that it reflects college planning priorities
- Monitors trends and practices on issues within the committee’s scope and communicates them to the college
Planning and Budget Committee 2019-20 Goals:
- With Program Review being the cornerstone of planning, examine and implement a peer review process for non-instructional and administrative "units", which will include establishing and measuring Service Area Outcomes (SAOs).
- The lead agents for each planning document will provide a progress update to the Planning and Budget Committee. A schedule will be developed and distributed at the beginning of 2019-2020.
- Continue improvements to internal and external communication by ensuring committee website is up-to-date, planning calendar/timelines are discussed and posted online, and budget updates are routinely provided.
The committee meets on the first and third Thursdays of the month in the Cheryl A. Epple Board Room at 2:00 p.m. unless otherwise specified. The quorum requirement is a majority (11) of the committee members.