Student Services Program Review Process
Student Services conducts a peer program review process grounded in the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS). Program Review committees meet over the course of a semester, culminating a final report that includes a description of the review process, an in-depth analysis of program strengths and weaknesses, and a list of action items to address areas for growth.
Writing Group Composition:
Student Services managers, counselors, and staff will compose the writing group. It may also include instructional managers and/or community members, colleagues, and area experts.
The Vice President of Student Services has the final approval for each program review process.
The program review cycle for each department takes place every three years. Each regular semester at least two Student Services departments are scheduled to engage in the program review process.
- Admissions and Records (Fall '19)
- Student Accessibility Services (Formerly DSPS) (Fall '19)
- EOPS/CARE/LINC (Spring '20)
- Student Activities (Spring '20)
- Career Services (Fall '20)
- Office of International Student Services (Fall '20)
- Student Health Services (Fall '20)
- Counseling (Spring '21)
- Financial Aid (Spring '21)
- Office of Student Conduct and Grievances (OSCG) (Spring '21)
- Veteran’s Resource Center (VRC) (Fall '21)
- CalWORKs (Spring '22)
- School Relations (Spring '22)
- Admissions & Records (Fall '22)
- Student Accessibility Services (Fall '22)
- The Falcon’s Nest (Fall '22)