BUSD - Bellflower High School
The Cerritos Complete Promise Program is a great opportunity for students to smoothly transition to college. This program provides opportunities for students to obtain the skills and knowledge needed for college, explore a variety of careers, save money on their college education, and graduate from college on-time.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The Cerritos Complete Promise Program is available to our partner district students graduating high school or completing their equivalency from adult schools in 2021-2022. Students must complete all 6 eligibility steps by the deadlines.
- Two-years free tuition (in-state rates only)
- Two-years of early enrollment
- Step by step assistance to prepare you for College
- One-on-one counseling and advisement
- Career exploration
- Personalized education plans
If you have questions about the Online Events below (Zoom Links, dates, and times) please contact:
Your High School Point Counselor, Anna Fujimoto at email@example.com or (562) 920-1801 ext. 3022.
The Cerritos Complete Site Bridging Liaison, Maddy Fletcher Uranga at firstname.lastname@example.org or (562) 526-5147.
|6 ELIGIBILITY STEPS*||ONLINE EVENTS||DEADLINES|
|Cerritos Complete Promise Program Information Presentation||Zoom Presentation on TIME/DATE|
1. Submit a Cerritos College Summer 2022 Semester Application.
Apply at www.cerritos.edu, click apply now, create an Open CCC account, and then submit your application.
Within 24-72 hours you will receive an email with your Cerritos College Student ID Number from email@example.com
Your Cerritos College Student ID is a 7-digit number and starts with a number -> 2******)
College Application Workshop: Zoom Presentation on TIME/DATE
|October 1, 2021 - February 28, 2022|
2. (a) Submit FAFSA or DREAM Act Application for 2022-2023.
Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov
If you are not a citizen or eligible non-citizen and qualify for AB 540 status
|Financial Aid Information Workshop: Zoom Presentation on TIME/DATE||
(a) October 1, 2021 - March 2, 2022
(b) April 30, 2022 (priority deadline for Financial Aid)
3. SUBMIT THE CERRITOS COMPLETE INTEREST FORM.
THIS FORM WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AFTER THE DEADLINE 3/2/22 -> THERE ARE NO LATE ADDS TO OUR PROGRAM.
|OCTOBER 5, 2021 - MARCH 2, 2022|
4. Complete your Math and English/ESL Placement (Self-Report Tool) in your MyCerritos account. High School students will need to answer questions based on their high school transcript.
Go to www.cerritos.edu
You must complete both SRT links to receive placement results.
Please allow 2 – 3 business days to post to unofficial transcripts and have Assessment hold removed.
|Login to your MyCerritos account to complete this requirement.||
October 5, 2021 - March 31, 2022
5. (a) Complete a Falcon Edge Orientation Workshop and (b) 30 Minute Counseling Appointment-up. Sign-ups and the workshops will start in March. Enrollment for Fall classes starts June 8, 2021* Tentative.
(a) Sign up for the Workshop at https://www.cerritos.edu/counseling/orientation/default.htm
(b) You can only sign up for the 30 Minute Counseling appointment after you complete the Workshop.
Sign-ups and workshops open March 2022
Complete the workshop and 30-minute appointment by April 30, 2022
6. Enroll in classes in your Summer (optional) and Fall semester classes (mandatory) in your MyCerritos account – You can enroll once you complete the Falcon Edge Orientation Workshop and 30 Minute Counseling Appointment-up
Summer semester is optional.
Make sure to enroll in your required classes
Your SUMMER priority enrollment begins April 20, 2022
Your FALL priority enrollment begins June 8, 2022
Deadline to enroll in Fall semester classes is July 1, 2022
Enroll as early as you can because if you do not enroll in math and English/ESL you will not be able to continue in the program
*All steps and dates are subject to change.
Students that successfully complete all 6 eligibility steps by the deadlines will be admitted into the Cerritos Complete Promise Program.
Once students are accepted into the Cerritos Complete Promise Program, they must complete their college requirements to stay eligible during their freshman and sophomore years.