CUSD - Dominguez High School
The Cerritos Complete Promise Program is a great opportunity for students to smoothly transition to college. This program provides opportunities for students to obtain the skills and knowledge needed for college, explore a variety of careers, save money on their college education, and graduate from college on-time.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The Cerritos Complete Promise Program is available to our partner district students graduating high school or completing their equivalency from adult schools from August 2022 - July 2023. Students must complete all 6 eligibility steps by the deadlines.
- Two-years free tuition (in-state rates only)
- Two-years of early enrollment
- Step by step assistance to prepare you for College
- One-on-one counseling and advisement
- Career exploration
- Personalized education plans
REQUIREMENTS | STUDENT FEES | IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS
If you have questions about the Events below (Zoom Links, locations, dates, and times) please contact:
- Your High School Point Counselors, Richard Ramirez at firstname.lastname@example.org (562) 630-0142 Ext. 68356
- Your Cerritos Complete Site Bridging Liaison.
|6 ELIGIBILITY STEPS*||ONLINE EVENTS||DEADLINES|
|Cerritos Complete Promise Program Information Presentation||Zoom Presentation on TIME/DATE|
1. Submit a Cerritos College Summer 2023 Semester Application.
Apply at www.cerritos.edu, click apply now, create an Open CCC account, and then submit your Cerritos College Summer 2023 application.
After submitting the Cerritos College application (within 24-72 hours), you will receive an email with a 7-digit Cerritos College Student ID Number from email@example.com
Your Cerritos College Student ID is a 7-digit number and starts with a number -> 2******)
|College Application Workshop: Zoom Presentation on TIME/DATE||October 1, 2022 - February 28, 2023|
2. SUBMIT A CERRITOS COMPLETE PROMISE PROGRAM INTEREST FORM.
STUDENTS MUST HAVE A CERRITOS COLLEGE STUDENT ID #
OCTOBER 1, 2022 - MARCH 2, 2023
3. (A) Submit FAFSA or DREAM Act Application to Cerritos College for 2023-2024.
Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
If you are not a citizen or eligible non-citizen and qualify for AB 540 status
|Financial Aid Information Workshop: Zoom Presentation on TIME/DATE||
(A) October 1, 2022 - March 2, 2023
(B) April 30, 2023 (priority deadline for Financial Aid)
4. Complete your Self-Report Tool (SRT) for math and English/ESL Placement in your MyCerritos account. High School students will need to answer questions based on their high school transcript.
Go to www.cerritos.edu
You must complete both SRT links to receive placement results.
Please allow 2 – 3 business days to post to unofficial transcripts and have Assessment hold removed.
|Login to your MyCerritos account to complete this requirement.||October 5, 2022 - March 31, 2023|
5. (A) Complete the online Falcon Edge Orientation in your MyCerritos account and
(B) Attend an Orientation Workshop
(A) Login to your MyCerritos account to complete this requirement.
(B) We will email you to sign-up for a Workshop
(A) November 1, 2022-April 1, 2023
(B) Sign-ups and workshops open February 2023.
Complete the Orientation and Workshop by May 31, 2023
6. Use your MyCerritos account to enroll in Summer semester* and mandatory Fall semester classes
Fall semester is mandatory.
|Login to your MyCerritos account to complete this requirement.
Make sure to enroll in your required classes
Your SUMMER priority enrollment begins April 20, 2023
Your FALL priority enrollment begins June 8, 2023
Deadline to enroll in Fall semester classes is July 1, 2023
Enroll as early as you can because if you are not enrolled in Counseling, math, and English/ESL, you will not be able to continue in the program
*All steps and dates are subject to change.
Students that successfully complete all 6 eligibility steps by the deadlines will be admitted into the Cerritos Complete Promise Program.
Once students are accepted into the Cerritos Complete Promise Program, they must complete their college requirements to stay eligible during their freshman and sophomore years.