Quality Manufacturing Training for California Industry
Quality Manufacturing Training
You will learn the fundamentals of quality assurance, as well as how to document and implement standards and process auditing to improve operational performance and to meet certification requirements.
Training topics include:
ISO 9100 - is the internationally recognized standard for the quality management of businesses. It applies to the processes that create and control the products and services an organization supplies. It prescribes systematic control of activities to ensure customers' needs and expectations are met. It is designed and intended to apply to virtually any product or service, made by any process anywhere in the world.
Benchmarking - is the process of identifying the best practice in relation to products and processes inside and outside of an industry. The objective of benchmarking is providing a guide and reference point for improving the practice of an organization.
- Design of Experiment (DoE) - is a structured, organized method that is used to determine the relationship between
the different factors (Xs) affecting a process and the output of that process (Y).
- Quality Control (QC) - is a process employed to ensure a certain level of quality in a product or service.
It may include specific actions a business deems necessary to provide for the control
and verification of certain characteristics of a product or service. The basic goal
of quality control is to ensure that the products, services, or processes provided
meet specific requirements and are dependable, satisfactory, and fiscally sound.
- Quality Assurance (QA) - is the process of verifying or determining whether products or services meet or
exceed customer expectations. Quality assurance is a process-driven approach with
specific steps to help define and attain goals. This process considers design, development,
production, and service.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) - involves using statistical techniques to measure and analyze the variation in processes.
Most often used for manufacturing processes, the intent of SPC is to monitor product
quality and maintain processes to fixed targets.
- Total Quality Management (TQM) - is a set of management practices throughout the organization, geared to ensure the organization consistently meets or exceeds customer requirements. TQM places strong focus on process measurement and controls as means of continuous improvement.
For companies interested in group employee training, please contact us at CerritosTrainsU@cerritos.edu or 562-860-2451, Ext. 2511.
For individual students interested in taking a college credit class, please call 562-860-2451
visit the college main website at www.cerritos.edu.