Education & Human Services Pathway
Education and Human Services
Do you enjoy teaching, learning, and collaborating? Do you want to inspire others and help them learn and grow?
Programs in this LCP are designed for students who want to advocate for the welfare of children, leverage technology to increase the effectiveness of teaching and learning, or are considering careers as teachers, administrators, or assistants in a variety of educational settings.
Cerritos College MAJORS
A Associate Degree
Are you interested in becoming a teacher? Join our Teacher Training Academy Program (Teacher TRAC)!
Check out our Programs Maps representing possible pathways through the coursework needed for an associate degree or certificate.
Plan to transfer? The Transfer Center is here to help! Meet with a counselor or a university rep, attend workshops, learn about important timelines and more!
Most majors can prepare students for a wide variety of occupations. The following list reflects a range of options, some of which require advanced degrees. Please note that this is not exhaustive list.
- Case Management Aide
- Child Care Provider
- Child Welfare Specialist
- Community Outreach Worker
- Elementary School Teacher
- Educational Administrator
- Family Services Advocate
- Guidance Counselor
- High School Teacher
- Mental Health Worker
- Middle School Teacher
- Preschool Director
- Elizabeth Riley, Health Occupations Division
- Colleen McKinley, Educational Partnerships and Programs
- MiaSarah Walsh (Academic)
- Kevin Castillo (Academic)
- Clara Ross-Jones (Career)
- Marvelina Graf (Transfer)
- Susan Gradin
- Nayeli Duenas
Social Work Intern
- Dani Alderete
Academic Support Rep
- Stacey Ezewiro
- April Bracamontes
Interested in learning more about the Education and Human Services LCP?
Programs in this pathway can help you develop these skills:
- Relating well to others
- Active listening
- Oral and written communication
- Social perceptiveness
- Creative thinking
- Learning strategies
- Adapting to change
Programs in this pathway may appeal to people with these interests:
- Encouraging and supporting others
- Helping people overcome challenges
- Making a difference in peoples lives
- Teaching and collaborating with others
- Identifying and sharing resources
- Helping people be their best
These resources can help you link your transferable skills to occupations that require them.
Need help identifying your broad interests? Check out these interest inventories.