Career Services is excited to welcome you back to campus for the Fall 2021 semester.
Effective August 2, 2021, Career Services will be open for both in-person and remote services on:
- Mondays & Thursdays from 8 am – 4:30 pm and
- Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 9:30 am – 6pm
- Fridays (remote only) 8 am - 4:30 pm
COVID-19 Updates (Steps required to visit the college)
Choose how you would like to meet with us:
- Live, real-time conversation with a counselor over the telephone.
- Please submit this formto arrange a phone appointment.
- Live, real-time interaction with a counselor in a Zoom meeting room with webcam and screen sharing.
- Book directly on Career Services Online Appointment System.
In-person Appointment (Effective August 2, 2021)
- In-person appointment counseling appointment at our office in Multipurpose Building, Room 201. Make an Appointment at Career Services Online Appointment System.
- Please arrive a 15 minutes earlier to allow time to stop by the COVID-19 clearance kiosk.
NOTE: Upon arriving to campus, you will be required to:
- Go to a Kiosk on campus and complete the COVID-19 survey. (Kiosk map)
- Obtain a wristband from the kiosk attendant (required to remain on campus)
- Wear a mask while on campus - required at all times while indoors. (COVID Screening)
- Parking is free on student parking lots (white stalls).
To cancel an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at (562) 860-2451, Ext. 2356 or 2357.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of Cerritos College Career Services is to support students in making meaningful career decisions. We do this by providing resources, programs, and services that empower students to engage in intentional major and career exploration, cultivate a sense of purpose, develop career readiness skills, and take strategic action to achieve career success in diverse, global communities.
For students transitioning into the college, through the assessment component of the department, Career Services delivers student success support in the form of assessment for determining initial placement in English or ESL, reading, and mathematics courses. Through its Reentry Resource Program, Career Services also provides support with the admissions process to reentry students transitioning back into school after a break in their education.
For students moving through the institution, Career Services offers career exploration and decision-making services designed to assist them in exploring, planning and achieving their educational and career goals. This occurs primarily through guided self-exploration, occupational exploration, and major and career assessment with career counselors.
For students moving on from the institution, Career Services provides assistance with the job search process through the job placement component of the department. Such assistance includes job leads, information on internships, meeting with employer representatives through job fairs, and help with resume writing and interviewing techniques.
Leave voicemail: (562) 860-2451, Ext. 2356
Need to change your major?
Student Employment Resources
For assistance with job postings or creating and managing an account on Jobspeaker, visit our Student Employment webpage.
Re-Entry Student Services
For adult students returning to school after a gap in education, contact our Re-Entry Resource Specialist, Shannon Estrada.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (562) 860-2451, ext. 2362