Health Sciences and Wellness Pathway
Health Sciences and Wellness
Do you find yourself coaching others toward active lifestyles and eating healthy? Are you drawn to helping people to achieve healthy outcomes or physical and psychosocial well-being?
Programs in this LCP are ideal for students interested in fitness and wellness or careers in healthcare practice and support such as nurses, dental hygienists, medical or dental assistants, nutritionists, physical therapist assistants, and so much more!
Cerritos College MAJORS
A Associate Degree
Check out our Programs Maps representing possible pathways through the coursework needed for an associate degree or certificate.
Plan to transfer? The Transfer Center is here to help! Meet with a counselor or a university rep, attend workshops, learn about important timelines and more!
Most majors can prepare students for a wide variety of occupations. The following list reflects a range of options, some of which require advanced degrees. Please note that this is not exhaustive list.
- Athletic Trainer
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Assistant
- Dietetic Technician
- Genetic Counselor
- Fitness Specialist
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Mental Health Worker
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Lab Technician
- Medical Records Technician
- Elizabeth Riley, Health Occupations Division
- Rory Natividad, Kinesiology Division
- Rocio Casillas (Academic)
- Robert Aguayo (Academic)
- Desiree Corona Ramirez (Academic)
- Randy Lee (Career)
- Brittany Lundeen (Transfer)
- Ryan Babiar
- Vanessa Salas
Social Work Intern
- Melissa Rodriguez
Academic Support Rep
- Yvette Juarez
- Jennifer O'Connor
Interested in learning more about the Health Sciences and Wellness LCP?
Programs in this pathway can help you develop these skills:
- Critical thinking
- Oral and written communication
- Active Listening
- Relating well to others
- Adapting to change
- Good judgment
Programs in this pathway may appeal to people with these interests:
- Helping people overcome challenges
- Communicating tactfully and courteously
- Responding calmly in emergencies
- Following guidelines and meeting strict standards
- Planning and managing various activities
- Demonstrating care and compassion for others
These resources can help you link your transferable skills to occupations that require them.
Need help identifying your broad interests? Check out these interest inventories.