Science, Engineering, & Math Pathway
Science, Engineering, and Math
Does solving technical or abstract problems appeal to you? Do you like thinking of new ways to do things and performing intellectually challenging tasks?
Students pursuing programs in this LCP engage in discovery and the development of new ideas while preparing for careers in the natural sciences, engineering, computer science, working in labs, data science, and the medical field.
Cerritos College MAJORS
A Associate Degree
Most majors can prepare students for a wide variety of occupations. The following list reflects a range of options, some of which require advanced degrees. Please note that this is not exhaustive list.
- Aerospace Engineer
- Biological Technician
- Biomedical Engineer
- Chemical Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Climate Change Analyst
- Computer Network Architect
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Systems Analyst
Need more info on these and other Occupations? Check out:
Need help choosing a major or career goal? We can help!
- Michael Page, Science, Engineering and Math Division
- Carlos Aguirre, MESA Program
- Berenice Gallardo (Academic)
- Clara Ross-Jones (Career)
- Brittany Lundeen (Transfer)
- Crystal LoVetere
- Alanah Liggins
- Vanessa Salas
Social Work Intern
- Rachel Rodriguez
Academic Support Rep
- Carlos Aguirre
- Thanh Trinh
Interested in learning more about the Science, Engineering, and Math LCP?
Plan to transfer? The Transfer Center is here to help! Meet with a counselor or a university rep, attend workshops, learn about important timelines and more!
Get involved in Student Clubs & Organizations.
Check out our Upcoming Events to learn more about our programs and network with people who have similar interests to you.
Programs in this pathway can help you develop these skills:
- Creative problem-solving
- Written and oral communication
- Computer fluency
- Project management
- Making symbolic connections
- Adapting to change
- Scientific research and investigation
Programs in this pathway may appeal to people with these interests:
- Generating ideas
- Applying innovation to working out solutions
- Solving technical and/or abstract problems
- Learning new things
- Understanding application of technology
- Thinking of new ways to do things
- Performing intellectually challenging tasks