What To Do with a Degree in WGS
Any degree will provide you with a range of skills that can be applied to many fields. Women's & Gender Studies, because of its interdisciplinary nature, is especially suited to help you build expertise in many skill and subject areas; you'll take classes in a range of disciplines, while sharpening your skills at examining how gender functions within these various contexts.
- A WGS degree prepares students for advanced degrees in law, business, political science, and many other disciplines.
- It provides a solid foundation for a career in politics. Don't like what politicians are doing? Prepare to run for elected office!
- Use your WGS degree to work for international advocacy groups making change in countries around the world.
- Work for a non-profit organization, especially one that helps protect women and other marginalized groups, like organizations that work to end violence against women, and those that advocate for immigrant and LGBTQ rights.
- Help end all forms of oppression by learning about the intersection of gender with other categories of identity, like race, class, religion, and ability.
- Awareness of wage inequality and workplace harassment is increasing; build skills necessary to help employers create and implement anti-discrimination policies.
- Learn about the history of feminist movement and other movements for social change.
- WGS graduates are world-changers: activists, artists, writers, teachers, doctors, lawyers, scientists—leaders!