Student Frequently Asked Questions

What campus services can I access online?

Online Student Services and Resources

What should I do if I don’t have internet access and/or a computer at home?

Laptop and WiFi Hotspot Loans are available through the Cerritos College Library.  For more information on the program visit their website.

Is the Commencement Ceremony cancelled?

No. For spring 2022 an in-person ceremony is currently planned for Friday, May 20, 2022 for the class of 2020 and 2022. Please visit the Commencement website for updates.

Are there resources and support for Undocumented Students during COVID-19?

I want to speak to a live person over the phone. Who can I call?

Call 562-860-2451 and select the department you would like to contact when prompted. Our most popular departments are:

  • Admissions: 562-860-2451, Ext. 2211
  • Financial Aid: 562-860-2451, Ext. 2397
  • Counseling: 562-467-5231
  • Cerritos College Library: 562-860-2451, Ext. 2425 or via chat.

I am a student with disabilities, how will I receive accommodations during this transition?

Student Accessibility Services (SAS), formerly known as DSPS, is working diligently to make sure students still can access services during this transition. For more information, please visit the Student Accessibility Services website.

Will I be able to access a medical professional on campus?

Access medical care and mental health services through our Student Health & Wellness Clinic


Can I request a P/NP grading basis for a class? 

Courses eligible for P/NP options are listed in the online class schedule by semester.

How do I withdraw from a class?

Students may add/drop classes via MyCerritos. Add/drop dates are posted online.

What is the impact if I withdraw from my classes and I am a financial aid student?

There is new federal legislation (CARES Act) that will be providing some relief for students during this difficult time. For more financial aid information related to withdrawing from classes you can email and/or review the financial aid website.

Will this count as an attempt to take a course?

EW or Excused Withdraw grades do not count as an attempt to take a course for the institutional standards.

What if I already withdrew from my course and there is a W on my transcript?

If you were unable to drop due to circumstances beyond your control, you may have the option to apply for an Excused Withdraw, or EW grade, by completing and submitting the Extenuating Circumstances Petition form, which is available online

What is the best way to contact Financial Aid?

My income has decreased significantly from the information I reported on my FAFSA/CA Dream Act application.  Can you consider my more recent income?

Yes, please submit the Contact Us Form from the Financial Aid website explaining your situation.  One of our financial aid staff will reach out to you with next steps.

How do I submit my FAFSA forms

Check your To Do List on MyCerritos to see if you need to submit forms.  For more information about submitting forms, visit our website for more details.

How do I apply for Direct Student Loan?

Please visit the Direct Loan website to view the deadlines and steps for completing the loan application process.

I have been disqualified from financial aid, how do I appeal?

You can view our Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) website for standards, policy, deadlines, and appeal information. 

I am a student with food and/or housing insecurity, are there any resources available for students?

Yes, please visit our Falcon Basic Needs website for a wealth of resources. 

I am an undocumented student and have questions about paying for fees and resources available?

Cerritos College is an Undocu friendly campus.  Please visit our UndocuWebsite for resources, financial aid process, contacts, etc.