Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
Important Points of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
SAP is a policy requiring that student's maintain the school's academic standards
to continue receiving federal and state student aid funds (excluding the California
College Promise Grant).
- Maintain a 2.0 Cumulative GPA
Receive an average letter grade of C in all courses you have completed.
- Maintain 67% Unit Completion
Complete at least 67% of your attempted units with a grade of A, B, C, D, CR, P.
- Maximum Time Frame Requirement
Complete your program within 150% of the published program's required units - Comprehensive Student Educational Plan (CSEP) Instructions
Learn more about SAP and how it works. Find the answer to your questions.
Are you eligible to receive your Financial Aid?
Check your SAP status:
You will receive a message through Message Center notifying you of your SAP status for the following semester. Once all of the your grades have posted for your current semester.
|Failure to meet the above SAP Standards:|
Warning: You will be placed on warning after one semester of not meeting SAP. You may remain eligible to receive financial aid.
|Disqualification: If you fail to meet SAP after one semester on warning status, you will be placed on disqualification. You will NOT be eligible to receive financial aid.|
|Appeal: If disqualified, you have the opportunity to appeal by the posted deadline. If approved, you may be required to meet with a financial aid counselor to complete an academic plan.|
- Complete both of the below GetSAP counseling sessions and upload proof of completion with the appeal on Student Forms.
- Complete the appeal on Student Forms detailing your situation and reason(s) for not
meeting SAP for each semester that you had non-passing grades, what has changed, and
your plan to improve your progress.
- Submit your SAP Appeal Form on Student Forms by the appropriate deadline. The link to Student Forms can be found in your Message Center on MyCerritos portal in the Student Center.
2023-2024 SAP Appeal Deadlines
- Fall 2023 - Deadline for SAP Appeal is November 3, 2023.
- Spring 2024 - Deadline for SAP Appeal is April 5, 2024.
- Summer 2024 - Deadline for SAP Appeal is July 19, 2024.
4. You will receive notification of the SAP appeal decision via Message Center.
Use our tools to check your SAP status:
- SAP Completion Rate Calculator - Students can use this tool to calculate their completion rate.
- SAP GPA Calculator- Students can use this tool to calculate their grade point average.
Get the most out of your Financial Aid
- Get on Track
- Stay on Track
- Maximize your Financial Aid
To avoid Financial Aid Disqualification it is important to have FALCON Habits.
Focus: Know your major and have an educational plan.
Advance: Always try to improve and successfully pass all your courses.
Link Up: Get to know your professors, counselors, join a club, etc.
Comprehend: Ask questions to truly gain understanding and reflect.
Organize: Use a planner, take good notes and manage your time well.
New Ideas: Embrace and apply what you've learned to solve problems.
For more information regarding iFALCON please visit cerritos.edu/ifalcon