Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
Important Points of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
SAP is a policy requiring that student's maintain the school's academic standards
to continue receiving federal and state student aid funds (excluding the California
College Promise Grant).
- Maintain a 2.0 Cumulative GPA
Receive an average letter grade of C in all courses you have completed.
- Maintain 67% Unit Completion
Complete at least 67% of your attempted units with a grade of A, B, C, D, CR, P.
- Maximum Time Frame Requirement
Complete your program within 150% of the published program's required units - Comprehensive Student Educational Plan (CSEP) Instructions
Learn more about SAP and how it works. Find the answer to your questions.
View our entire SAP Policy for 2019-2020. Students should review the policy every year to know what the requirements are to stay in good standing with financial aid.
Are you eligible to receive your Financial Aid?
Check your SAP status:
You will receive a message through Message Center notifying you of your SAP status for the following semester. Once all of the your grades have posted for your current semester.
Failure to meet the above SAP Standards:
Warning: You will be placed on warning after one semester of not meeting SAP. You may remain eligible to receive financial aid.
|Disqualification: If you fail to meet SAP after one semester on warning status, you will be placed on disqualification. You will NOT be eligible to receive financial aid.|
|Appeal: If disqualified, you have the opportunity to appeal by the posted deadline. If approved, you may be required to meet with a financial aid counselor to complete an academic plan.|
- Complete both of the below GetSAP counseling sessions and attach proof of completion with the appeal.
- Complete the appeal form below detailing your situation and reason(s) for not meeting
SAP, what has changed and your plan to improve your progress.
- Submit your SAP Appeal Form by emailing it to email@example.com by the appropriate deadline.
- SAP Appeal Form for Fall 2019 - Deadline is October 21st, 2019.
- SAP Appeal Form for Spring 2020 - Deadline is March 16th, 2020.
- SAP Appeal Form for Summer 2020 - Deadline is July 28th, 2020.
- You will receive notification of the Financial Aid Advisory Committee decision via Message Center.
Use our tools to check your SAP status:
- SAP Completion Rate Calculator - Students can use this tool to calculate their completion rate.
- SAP GPA Calculator- Students can use this tool to calculate their grade point average.
Get the most out of your Financial Aid
- Get on Track
- Stay on Track
- Maximize your Financial Aid
To avoid Financial Aid Disqualification it is important to have FALCON Habits.
Focus: Know your major and have an educational plan.
Advance: Always try to improve and successfully pass all your courses.
Link Up: Get to know your professors, counselors, join a club, etc.
Comprehend: Ask questions to truly gain understanding and reflect.
Organize: Use a planner, take good notes and manage your time well.
New Ideas: Embrace and apply what you've learned to solve problems.
For more information regarding iFALCON please visit cerritos.edu/ifalcon