How To Receive Articulation Credit

Educational Partnerships & Programs (EPP) is the point of contact and the office that facilitates articulation agreements, maintains records, and first point of contact for students who wish to articulate courses.

  1. Student will contact EPP to make an appointment. EPP will make sure that the student matriculates to Cerritos College and verify that the student met the requirements of the articulation agreement.

  2. Upon completion of the high school, ROP or adult school articulated course, the secondary instructor will give students an articulation form for the student to bring to Cerritos College's Pathway Programs office.

  3. EPP will contact Cerritos College faculty to schedule the student taking the "credit by exam" test if the student has not taken the final in the articulated course already. (Some Cerritos College faculty provide the final to the high school, ROP, adult school instructor to have the students take in class, an example is Principles of Engineering Technology (ENGT 101))

  4. Cerritos College faculty member will then fill out articulation credit by exam form with the student's grade on the exam and whether they are entitled to credit.

  5. If the student is entitled to credit, EPP will create a memo at the end of every semester with the student names, Cerritos College ID number, and course the student should receive credit for and submit to Admissions. A copy of the memo will be given to the Dean of Counseling.

  6. Admissions will post credit on the student's transcript.