Dual Enrollment Overview
What is Dual Enrollment?
Dual Enrollment is the term used to describe enrolling in a college course and earning college credits while still enrolled in another K-12 institution.
Benefits for the Students:
- Research shows that students who participate in dual enrollment programs are more likely to graduate and continue into completion of studies.
- Provides an introduction to higher education for future college students
- Offers a low-cost or no-cost way to earn college credit in some instances
- Courses may be offered in-person on the high school campus
- Courses may be taken in person on the Cerritos College Campus
- Asynchronous online course offerings
- Students after completing a dual enrollment course gain confidence in knowing that they are capable of successfully completing a college course.
- Access to community college facilities including the library, student resource center, and counseling.
- The ability to take classes of interest that may not be offered at the high school level.
DUAL ENROLLMENT PURPOSE:
This program is designed for K-12 students, seeking advanced scholastic courses. Cerritos College definition of “advanced scholastic” is…
- Courses meeting Cerritos requirements for an Associate in Arts Degree, excluding remedial
English and math courses.
- Courses that are transferable to a four-year institution.
Examples of advanced scholastic courses: English 100, Math 140, Soc 101, etc.
- Vocational courses below 100 level may be taken.
Examples of vocational courses: Auto 73, Cos 50, Weld 52, etc.
Are you ready to take a Dual Enrollment Class?
Visit our Dual Enrollment Steps Page to see how to get started.
Students enrolled in dual enrollment courses are eligible for student support services, including students with disabilities. To apply for these services, students must contact Student Accessibility Services (SAS) . It is important to note that academic accommodations for college classes differ from those offered in high school classes.
Dual Enrollment Forms & Resources:
- District Authorization Form (For Participating High Schools)
- Dual Enrollment Form (English)
- Dual Enrollment Form (Spanish)
- How to Apply to Cerritos College (YouTube Video)
- Student Accessibility Services (SAS)
If you would like to meet with a Dual Enrollment Counselor or have questions on classes, please sign up on ourOutreach Google Form.
- Do you need help filling out the College Application or Dual Enrollment Form?
- Do you need help Enrolling or Dropping a Class?
We have staff available on Tuesdays & Thursdays online via Zoom that can assist you. Please visit our Zoom Page for hours and links at: https://www.cerritos.edu/epp/Zoom.htm
For more information or if you have questions contact:
Dual Enrollment Office
(562) 860-2451 Ext. 2212